Development News Discussion

12Alfa

Your codemeter would have to have the updated license file, but one of the major advantages of a dongle based protection over an activation based model is that the program can be deployed on any machine, and will intitialise if the license is visible to it. The simplest method is to use the license locally, but it is also possible to use the dongle in one machine that acts as a license server for any machine on the LAN (up to the number of licenses stored on the stick).

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also two questions :biggrin:

• AI: Are there any major improvements (especially regarding infantry/ handling infrantry <->APC (load them on/off etc.) in this area?
  • German customers: Is it planned that the known German distributor/shop also ships the update so that you haven't to deal with custom issues? (non USK ("keine Altersfreigabe")) ?

Thanks!

• Members
  • AI: Are there any major improvements (especially regarding infantry/ handling infrantry <->APC (load them on/off etc.) in this area?
  • German customers: Is it planned that the known German distributor/shop also ships the update so that you haven't to deal with custom issues? (non USK ("keine Altersfreigabe")) ?

#1) There are changes. Whether they qualify as "major improvements" lies in the eye of the beholder.

#2) Most likely. At least we have no plans to deny OkaySoft and other resellers access to the upgrade packages.

#1) There are changes. Whether they qualify as "major improvements" lies in the eye of the beholder.

#2) Most likely. At least we have no plans to deny OkaySoft and other resellers access to the upgrade packages.

If I may go into more detail reagarding #1):

#1) so, how does the AI infantry now work 'more closely' together with their APCs? I don't expect perfect behavior. Automatically load off/on is integrated in the upgrade?

• Members

No, not at this point, and it seems unlikely that this will make it into the upgrade. Still, I think that it will get addressed fairly soon, so it may get delivered in an update to the coming upgrade.

What else can I say. There were a few changes to the awareness of computer-controlled units which alone may be a welcome and noticeable improvement. We then added various 3D view command options, like "suppress [click target]", "assault to [click target]", "observe to [click target]". These certainly are improvements for the 3D view though their use may be limited for armchair generals that rely on the map view exclusively.

• Members

We're not being overrun by bug reports (which is a good sign), but there certainly still are a few issues that must be solved.

In addition (like I wrote before) this week is devoted to I/ITSEC preparations. I won't be able to monitor the beta team's activity next week, and maybe not even the week after, doing clean-up work (figuratively speaking) after the exhibition and some errands at home as well.

We're not being overrun by bug reports (which is a good sign), but there certainly still are a few issues that must be solved.

In addition (like I wrote before) this week is devoted to I/ITSEC preparations. I won't be able to monitor the beta team's activity next week, and maybe not even the week after, doing clean-up work (figuratively speaking) after the exhibition and some errands at home as well.

heh, don't worry, Vman takes care of the betas.

I meant this in the sense of reporting beta team activity, not so much directing the beta team. V is the undisputed leader.

:)

But I thought V was....

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant and vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V."

But I thought V was....

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant and vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V."

or he meant V as Volcanoman.

• 2 weeks later...