Development News Discussion

12Alfa

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there really hard to see oh and whats the closest IFV/APC to the STRYKER?

danish piranha III is the closest match. the stryker is based off of the piranha III chassis, the biggest difference is the thermal imager for the stryker, but otherwise, it should play pretty much like a stryker. even has a remote cupola.

It goes without saying that muzzle flashes, tracers and sources of light such as burning fires will need to be brought up to speed to round out everything- low light conditions are probably good enough for simulating navigating problems during peacetime road marches, but all for naught in combat when the pyrotechnic effects are the same washed out or rather muted visuals as they are in daytime. I don't think this is mere eye candy but cuts to the core of the look and feel of what you're trying to represent, otherwise, one can simply adjust the monitor settings to do the same thing. But eSim already knows this- I just hope they get bumped up in priority to coincide with the new lighting sooner rather than later.

Still, it's nice to see how things are progressing.

danish piranha III is the closest match. the stryker is based off of the piranha III chassis, the biggest difference is the thermal imager for the stryker, but otherwise, it should play pretty much like a stryker. even has a remote cupola.

Great :biggrin:

good I thought I was baned or somthing

I like the pictures, sure that graphically things can and should be improved, moving with the times etc, but still i like em and realism is the key here. Realism is much more important than eye candy is, although these days a good balance needs to be achieved, helps to attract customers for sure, thanks for the updates, i will keep a close eye on things and wait with anticipation for the release.

"The Leopardo's simultaneous scene rendering will probably make it everybody's darling (that it also has the thickest armor and longest ... gun, well, I guess that's purely incidental). Having both the map view and the thermal imager plus the vision blocks - that's a combination hard to beat"

Will the leopardo only have the simultanious rendering for the vision blocks thermal and map view? this is really cool but i think i should apply to the strv122 and leo2a5 as well otherwise you would give the leopardo a huge advantage over the other 2 which basicly do have the same capabilaty.

"The Leopardo's simultaneous scene rendering will probably make it everybody's darling (that it also has the thickest armor and longest ... gun, well, I guess that's purely incidental). Having both the map view and the thermal imager plus the vision blocks - that's a combination hard to beat"

Will the leopardo only have the simultanious rendering for the vision blocks thermal and map view? this is really cool but i think i should apply to the strv122 and leo2a5 as well otherwise you would give the leopardo a huge advantage over the other 2 which basicly do have the same capabilaty.

out of the leopard 2A5DK and strv 122, only the strv 122 has a similar capability. the leopard 2A5DK doesn't.

• Added the Centauro 105mm gun system (external view)
  • Added the Leopardo 2E (crewable)
  • Leopardo 2E: 3D driver’s place; navigation display remains non-functional
  • Leopardo 2E: Gunner’s day sight view has two magnification settings, 12x (like all Leo 2s) and 3x
  • Leopardo 2E: Added eight tutorials (gunnery, so far)
  • Changed the resource file structure to facilitate smaller downloads for future patches and minor updates
  • Enabled simultaneous scene rendering; the commander’s place of the Leopardo 2E now renders vision blocks, map screen, and the thermal imaging monitor simultaneously. The driver’s place shows the vision blocks as well as the rearward driving cam

The Leopardo's simultaneous scene rendering will probably make it everybody's darling (that it also has the thickest armor and longest ... gun, well, I guess that's purely incidental). Having both the map view and the thermal imager plus the vision blocks - that's a combination hard to beat.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!

nuff said

[*]Enabled simultaneous scene rendering; the commander’s place of the Leopardo 2E now renders vision blocks, map screen, and the thermal imaging monitor simultaneously. ... Having both the map view and the thermal imager plus the vision blocks - that's a combination hard to beat.

"map screen": is this some kind of IVIS as in M1A2 ? or else what ?

And is it functional in SB ?

thx

K

It is probably a safe assumption that should sufficient information and development time be available most vehicles would be made crewable.

The Centauro would probably depend on Spanish requirements, and others would have a higher priority for ad-hoc development (T55, T72 later model M1 etc spring to mind)