Ssnake

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
I,m all for the idea of paying for updates if we had some influence as to what would make it in a future patch.

You do have "some" influence. Most if not all of the bug fixes and many of the minor feature additions are a direct result of community feedback. As far as the big features are concerned, the arguments of a year and two ago are still valid. As soon as the fundamental conditions change we will add more to the cool stuff that isn't directly related to training value.

However, this is Steel Beasts Pro, and there are a number of reasons why we don't market it as a game.

• Members
can I ask why we have to pay for an upgrade that we had to wait over a year for...?

OK, I lost you there.

According to that logic we could charge more, the faster we crank out new versions?

Cool. Can I have that in writing, please?

;)

Did the Spanish military order and pay for the update?

They financed parts of it. But that simply isn't the point. There's added value which we could just keep for ourselves, or we could go out and offer it to you. If you think that the added value is worth the price, no further discussion should be necessary. By the same logic you shouldn't need to pay for a technology transfer from Formula One racing to your new Honda or BMW car because they represent sunken costs. Still, car manufacturers charge extra for 16 vents technology and other gizmos which help to burn fuel more efficiently or whatnot. The question should not be whether or not eSim Games could get by with or without your money. We're not beggars, we're not seeking for charity money from you. We're offering value, and we're asking a certain price.

If value and price are in balance for you, it's a good deal. That is all that one should need to consider.

OK, I lost you there.

According to that logic we could charge more, the faster we crank out new versions?

Cool. Can I have that in writing, please?

;)

If they come in a timely manor and are upgrades/expansions I have no problem paying for them. but not for patches/fixes to something I already forked out for. this is like 'why do I pay so much for cable TV, when its already paid for by the advertisements'.... but we could argue these points all day. My main objection is to pay for something ordered by someone else. As I asked in my post would there be a way the civilian community could request additions to future expansions, or even contribute to them. I know there are a lot of people who have asked for things over the years and are still waiting or have been told 'some where down the line'. I just think that although we are a very small loyal community who input relatively little financially to Esim games, Esim could maybe find a way to offer more of what we want in the sim. no disrespect intended, you do an awesome job, but from what I have seen of past additions ( not fixes) to the sim little has been added that was not requested by and paid for by a defense agency.

• Moderators
...My main objection is to pay for something ordered by someone else.

That is understandable. Of course the alternative is to provide the stuff that *they* pay for to them alone, and have SB Pro PE development remain where it is now as a final build. The reality is, it takes time and resources to create new builds of SB Pro PE and to make them available to the public (be it in the form of a CD, download, etc).

Again, the update is not mandatory and someone could theoretically opt to not get the update and instead get a future update. It is all a question of whether someone wants to have it or not (obviously). If they do not want it, then they simply continue to play SB Pro PE in its current form.

About two weeks ago, I wasted $40 on T34vsTiger. It is an absolute piece of junk. I bought it because I badley wanted to crew a Russian tank. I'll gladly pay an upgrade to this tried and true modern tank sim.

Tell me about that... And I bought the damn thing because I couldn't resist to crew a f*kin' Tiger... :debile2:

My only suggestion is if it would be possible to eSim to send an e-mail alert when they will start accepting preorders. I will order immediately.

Ok, thanks a lot for the reactions to my previous post. It's been quite a long time since I regularly visited these forums, and I now realise that my comment was a bit premature. If I had read more about the content and extent of the upgrade my reaction to paying for it had been diffrent.

My apologies for not reading before writing. I appreciate your hard work, eSim, and I will continue to enjoy SB...

• Members
My main objection is to pay for something ordered by someone else.

Well, it looks like we will simply have to agree to disagree about this point. All our army customers are paying for Upgrades - why should we make an exception for you?

Revenues from upgrades are a corner stone of our business concept. They are completely voluntary, but not free.

Fidelthefallguy,

you may want to take into account that

a.) there have already been a number of patches and upgrades (five of them) since the release of the original release of SBP, which were all for free although adding some very substantial new stuff, namely the CV9040, but other things as well;

and b.) that it was said from release date on (January 2006) that only the first patches and updates would be free, but from some point on in the future they would take charges for any further upgrades.

As I asked in my post would there be a way the civilian community could request additions to future expansions, or even contribute to them.

What about this part? any response to it? I understand all that about costs and paying for it. Like I said, I'm going to get it and any future up dates. I guess I'm not making my point clear.

I'll say it again. Is it possible that I or others in the civil community could make a formal request for items to be included in future updates?

What about this part? any response to it? I understand all that about costs and paying for it. Like I said, I'm going to get it and any future up dates. I guess I'm not making my point clear.

I'll say it again. Is it possible that I or others in the civil community could make a formal request for items to be included in future updates?

The community has made contributions and requests as you asked, so yes they can. It gets added to the list, and if its feasible, then they will add it, if not, it will remain on the list, which this terrorist squirrel cell is keeping hostage.