Ssnake

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
General release...does that mean we wont get them?

No, it just means that maybe we don't have it "ready enough" by this autumn. In a way the PE version is more demanding than the classroom version, to the extent that there are a lot more PE users, so that we better make sure that it will be an overall good experience.

We must assess the new features before a PE release, and make a decision which of these are mature enough for a release and which need more time. Ultimately they will all be released in the PE version, sooner or later.

Ok,thnx Ssnake.:)how many copies of SBPPE have been sold so far?

i was watching a video of a CV90 firing and whats not to like about this combat vehicle.....just one thing if i was dug in for an ambush or something of that nature those shells flying straight up would give you away.even if the eny. couldnt see you he will surely see those shell ejecting straight up,even from behind cover.and i bet the do hurt if they land on you or come through an open hatch.are there any CV crewmen out there who can put their 2 cents in on this.i just find it kind of strange.great vehicle tho.:)

• Members

Like what was said before, there's the muzzle flash and smoke from the firing that will give away your position as well, so it's not that bad as it may appear at first sight.

The technical reason for this is that the CV90 was more or less constructed around the 40mm gun as Sweden still had hundreds if not thousands of these surplus WW2 AAA guns in stock. Due to space restrictions these guns had to be mounted upside down actually, which is why they are now ejecting the shells upwards.

...and No, I can't comment on the number of our software sales.

I'm sure the muzzle blast and sound would give it away first. :)

well, the sound will definitely give the bad guys a general idea of your direction. but say you're

behind a bunch of trees, and fire at some enemy vehicles. other enemy vehicles around on the map won't be able to see your thermal signature, or your muzzle flash. but they'll be able to see those shells flying above the trees, and be pretty much able to pinpoint your location behind that treeline.

they'll be able to pinpoint your location through a forest.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone see the new USMC ABV?they are using them in Agn now.which brings me to my next question,with the growth of equip. for engineers and EODs are we gonna see any of this in SBPPe?

BTW what ever happened to the M1 Grizzly?saw one a Ft.L.Wd.but it was on display outside.what a piece of machinery.

anyone see the new USMC ABV?they are using them in Agn now.which brings me to my next question,with the growth of equip. for engineers and EODs are we gonna see any of this in SBPPe?

BTW what ever happened to the M1 Grizzly?saw one a Ft.L.Wd.but it was on display outside.what a piece of machinery.

here is a bit of footage:

Forget about the MICLIC - lets bring this baby on board instead ;)