SB Pro PE 2.4x Upgrade - Announcements & Discussion

Ssnake

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That would be pretty sweet... but it's been tried several times before, but every time, the companies go out of business before the first or second installment! (I seem to recall Falcon was supposed to be part of some digital battlefield series. Destroyer Command and one of the Silent Hunter series actually were the start of a WW2 digital battleground, but it never went beyond those two. Currently, Eagle Dynamics is trying it once again, with Black Shark as their flagship)

I just wish ArmA gave you somewhat more realistic cover and suppression effects. That's the biggest game-ism I hate about FPSs; regardless of how much incoming fire there is, you can calmly turn and nail the dude between the eyes (with a desert eagle, while jumping, in some cases!).

....now, I'm good with a shooting iron. REAL good. Competition good. But not THAT good! Trust me, your accuracy drops a LOT when the shooting range is two-way!

• Members
How can we make sure we're on the list for a copy of the newsletter?

Go to eSimGames.com and enter your (correct) email address in the red box in the lower left area. You will receive an email asking for confirmation that you

1. want to subscribe the newsletter (confirm this by clicking on a link that is in the email), or
  2. that you want to unsubscribe the newsletter (do not confirm this, unless you want to unsubscribe (d'oh)).

• 2 weeks later...
The first page of the development news was plans. You have to see the rest to see what actually got completed.

Apologies if I misread something, but is the bug fixed where computer controlled troops, that had dismounted at a battle position, do not mount again automatically when its AFV continues its route to a next checkpoint ?

(so troops are left behind, unless a human makes them mount again; which is not OK in scripted scenario's: red side, single player etc ...).

THX,

K

Edited by Koen

• Moderators

SB Wiki has been updated with the theoretical behavior of mounted infantry in relation to the route type and tactic type.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/Moving_Units_On_Routes#Route_Tactics

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/Moving_Units_On_Routes#Waypoint_Properties

...as mentioned, keep in mind that this is just a stop gap solution to something more customizable later.

I have no issue paying for the new content or your hard work. Reading what is being presented, this is a very good deal, and i just purchased steelbeast prope a week ago,lol.

Now how to weasle the 25 out of the wife :)

Bullet

Tell her its for a "Self Improvement Programme" and offer to buy her a pair of shoes or Handbag.It works every time with SWMBO!

You can't yet. When it becomes available, it will announced via the eSim newsletter

Thanks Homer, I just subscribed to the esimgames newsletter.

And I would like to know if we can purchase the new copy plus printed manual without having a credit card? I'm living in Germany btw.

• Members
I hate to sound down, but the wait has taken much of the shine off of the coming content.

Is there a silver lining? Something new and exciting made possible by the delays? I don't necessarily need to know what it is. I'd just like something more to look forward to.

Let me put it this way - since the last version for the beta team there's an additional five pages of improvements, 1.5 pages of them bug fixes, the other 3.5 pages feature improvements and the one or other new feature as well.

Volcano and I have become a bit greedy now and would like to see a few more things addressed - bugs with an above-average annoyance factor - but the good news for you is that since this collides with the rest of the development plan for this year we can't delay this much longer. I understand that you're all eager to get your paws on it and that what we're doing seems to be like procrastination and vile torture. I can but ask for forgiveness the moment that we start delivering. We're not perfectionists that want everything to be polished to the max when we already have a solution that works well. But we do take a bit of pride in our work, so we want it to be a really good experience for you, so we think that it's better to be late than to be sorry for a rushed job.

Well spoken Ssnake. The version we have now gives me already plenty work. And I still am focussing on the LeoA5 and A4. Sometimes the M1. I still need to master all the other playable. But yes.. am also looking forward to the next version. You all are doing a great job. Thanks.