Gun Camp

ShotMagnet

A long time ago Hell_Hound ran a series of gunnery scenarios as a contest. Not surprisingly, it was called Gun Camp.

I talked to him a while ago about doing this again, to which he gave his blessing. That being the case, and now that I don't have to baby-sit Counterstroke, I'm thinking about going ahead with the idea.

At the moment the idea looks something like this-

A set of common scenarios where individuals and/or teams engage targets of various types, with each scenario emphasizing different aspects of gunnery (with TIS, without, with LRF, without, battlesight engagements, TOW proficiency, etc). Awards to be handed out for best overall score, best time-to-kill, accuracy, ammo-usage (fewest shots taken, for example) etc.

A judge monitors each competitor or set thereof; the judge coming from a pool of maybe four or five who can't be bought (cheaply, anyway). The judges vet and finalize results, and post the stats as they come out. Winners are announced publicly in this forum.

Any takers? Sean, if this idea gets legs, can we gin up some awards with which to bedeck the winners, like the ones for the scenario contest. If necessary, I'll design them.

Shot

...I have something to prove to all of you...

That attitude is not welcome.

I do not intend for Gun Camp to become or allow others to make it into a personal grudge match. You are welcome to compete, provided that you can do so in the spirit and demeanor of friendly competition. Gun Camp however is not concerned with and will not allow itself to devolve into a medium for bragging rights.

You will compete under the terms and conditions which are implicit with the phrases 'good sportsmanship' and 'friendly competition' or you will not be allowed to participate. If either phrase does not bear meaning for you, then I suggest in the strongest of terms that you do not embarrass yourself by participating.

Will we be able to choose which tank/avf we can us, or will there be a ladder( so to speak) for each MBT? I ask because I'll own on the loe's, but I have no chance with a m1.

At the moment I'd say that you can choose an AFV, but in doing I'd also say that choosing a particular vehicle would limit your options regarding scoring, awards, etc.

Shot

Poted by ShotMagnet

You will compete under the terms and conditions which are implicit with the phrases 'good sportsmanship' and 'friendly competition' or you will not be allowed to participate. If either phrase does not bear meaning for you, then I suggest in the strongest of terms that you do not embarrass yourself by participating.

I can abide by the terms and conditions, and I would hope that eveyrone else does the same. What I was saying was coming on the heels of CS 6, where I'd disproved Mog's claim that I needed to learn how to shoot, okay?

On an unrelated note, what do you think of my new signature?

This isn't going to happen anytime soon, I still need to figure out how I'm going to set this up.

When HH did this, Steel Beasts had two playable AFV, now there's eleventy-million and six. At the moment I'm thinking about divvying the whole thing up into separate events, to be held once every three months or so.

You'll have plenty of time to get ready, for that reason. I'll maybe start this in March, but certainly not before then.

Shot