Help with Translating the Leo control Panels

Alan323

I need a little help, I'm trying to translate the Leo2a5 control panels from German to English. I've been able to do most of it with the help of Google Translate. But, there are some words the I just can't figure out. Below is a list of words from the panels I need an english equivalent for. Any help would be most welcome.

• PUNKT (From the Navigation Display in the TC's Position)
  • WARMEBILDGERAT (there are 2 dots above the A's can't figure the key combo to get that.)
  • SCHARFSTELLUNG
  • RUCKSTEUERUNG
  • VERKANTUNG-KORR.
  • ANZEIGEWAHL
  • QUERWIND
  • AUFASTZ
  • PULVERTEMP.
  • SONNEN-FILTER (Light Filter?)
  • VERDUNKELUNGS-BLENDE

There are probably a few others I need clarification on but the above are the most outstanding.

RUCKSTEUERUNG is the backsteering mode of the Leo2 fire control system.

If you move with a range indexed then the turret is rotated to keep the sight mirror pointing 'at' that position. If the correct range was obtained for a target, then as the tank moves the stationery target doesn't require active tracking by the gunner.

It also modifies range as small movements towards or away from the target are undertaken (eg for berm drills).

I think this has only recently been added though, in 2.431 according to the update list.

• Members

• PUNKT (From the Navigation Display in the TC's Position) Point (location/destination)
  • WÄRMEBILDGERÄT Thermal Imager (TIS)
  • SCHARFSTELLUNG Focus (focal plane shift)
  • RÃœCKSTEUERUNG Backsteering (or "Inverse Feedback")
  • VERKANTUNG-KORR. Cant correction (or "Roll compensation")
  • ANZEIGEWAHL Display selection
  • QUERWIND Crosswind
  • AUFSATZ Superelevation
  • PULVERTEMP. Ammo temperature
  • SONNEN-FILTER (Light Filter?) Sunfilter/Shades
  • VERDUNKELUNGS-BLENDE Shutter (although, I may be wrong here, and it is the greyfilter instead which can sometimes help to improve the contrast if the air is particularly hazy

Keep 'em coming... :)

Your friendly neighborhood serpent

Thanks for all the help everyone. I've been able to get most of text translated. All I have left are a few litle pieces of text I can't quite figure out.

url%5Dpanel3ac5.th.png

panel2bx5.th.png

panel1fa2.th.png

The above images are the ones I'm still a little stuck on. I've circled the words I'm trying to figure out.

Could always do what we usually do and just start flicking things and see what happens... Like on the SUBCAL or BOWMAN... My reg was writing the book on SUBCAL and when I was in the gunnery wing, we had no manual so we had to write our own... Flick it and find out...

Or just listen to Ssnake... He knows his sh*t!!! Great job getting it sorted for us Englanders though... TA!

P.S. There is no bigger let down then doing ranges with a .50 up the spout on a CR2 and not even hearing the gun go off... Stupid cut backs...