Skinners, be happy you dont skin for CM:SF

Kingtiger

As the title says:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=003539

Im chainsaw there btw...

But look how fucking rude that Gibson guy is!

The day someone from this community starts telling me I shouldnt reskin the vehicles I do because the performance of them is wrong I will start to think what kind of community this is and if I want to be a part of it!

This makes you happy to be in a Community like this! (thanks mates all of you!)

/Kingtiger

Its because some people dont know how to voice their opinion and then drop it.

Its nice that people bother to do this sort of work.

KT you have created British Army skins for the Leo's and CV's and to me thats great, its just that bit closer to having a chally in SB and makes me as a Brit feel a bit more *at home*

Those that dont like the chally style skin well good for you, you have a right to choice, there are plenty of other great skins in the download section.

Thats what mods are about *choice* you do not HAVE to like or download them, by all means share what you dislike, but dont shove it down someones throat when they are obviously doing their best with what they have.

I think Gib's right, personally.

Sounds like that gibsonm guy should get off his high horse (or kangaroo), pick up Photoshop and a tablet and do his own f'n skins. I'm sure they'd be 100% correct. (sarcasm alert!)

It's not a skin issue, it's a modelling issue. You can paint them up any way you want to, but they still won't represent the capabilities of Australian forces, even remotely. It's far beyond 'M-4 vs Steyr AUG'.

NTM

I think Gib's right, personally.

It's not a skin issue, it's a modelling issue. You can paint them up any way you want to, but they still won't represent the capabilities of Australian forces, even remotely. It's far beyond 'M-4 vs Steyr AUG'.

NTM

He's right and wrong.

It is a modelling issue, but at the same time the guy is not trying to model but skin. This is the "nice" thing of a simulator, you can create "what if" things. For example, I can create a Swedish M1A1 skin, we don't have that tank, but I can create a "what if we had that tank" kind of thing. So he can create some Aussie troops with the M4's using the same idea "what if..."

Sure, this might not be what was intended by the skinner in the first place but he's stretching as far as he can go with the limitations he got. I'd rather give him a pat on the back and tell him to go for it than telling him it's a lost cause. Second best is not the end of the world.

It's well beyond a 'what-if', unless you want to change it to 'What if the Aussie military replaced every damned piece of equipment it has except the M1 tank, and also its tactics and structure'

I fugured if you are Aussie, you can atleast pretend they are aussies as well with all the pretty colours

I mean, there's willful suspension of disbelief, and there's not even coming close.

NTM

But there's also the aspect of common-effing-courtesy.

If I go to the trouble of cooking a dinner I should rightly expect a polite thank-you, even if the beer is warm and the food is cold. I have gone to the trouble to provide something that I think others will like, no matter how ham-fisted my attempts.

Shot

I think there's a lack of courtesy from both sides.

Gib very correctly pointed out the total inaccuracy of the mod, and instead of being told 'Oh, thanks for the info, I didn't think there was that much of a difference, but upon reflection I'm going to do this anyway for my own satisfaction' is told 'I don't care, I'm going to do this anyway, and if you don't like it don't download it.'

NTM

Well isn't it so? If he doesn't want it, then don't download it. Nobody forces him and the mod creator already acknowledged that he's aware that the mod is more like a gimmick than a real Aussie conversion.

I find the tone in Gid's post provocative and hostile.

3star you are wrong that M1A1 think he is doing a total mod for Aussies,

Yeah, unfortunatly all we can do is make it "pretty" as you put it.
<- M1A1s own words. So he is knowing that hes far off, but still want to do it, wich he points out.

The reason I reacted is not that Gibson is djumping him because its inaccurate, same thing goes for us, Im skining a M88A1 to be a CRARRV and they are so far off its scary, but thats not the point. the point is that gibson is djumping someone who is trying to do something within the frames he gott.

NOBODY, I repeat NOBODY in THIS community has ever djumped me for repainting stuff into other vehicles and if im a dreamer who wants to do that and then release it for others to enjoy then let me do that, just dont DL and use the damn thing for yourself.

And M1A1 (as me) is just skinning a skin, the default spaces on a 3D model, he isnt trying to create a own 3D model or a own MOD for CM:SF.

If he was trying to create new 3D soldiers with new ASLAVs and then giving them wrong stuff then I could understand the complaints, but when he is just repainting a skin I cant see the reason to djump over the place screaming.