Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

wolf19a

.ter and .raw files

Newbie quesiton here...

Where do the .ter and .raw files sit after the install session?

I havea couple here on disk but could not find any on the drive after installing the demo.

Thanks!

Newbie quesiton here...

Where do the .ter and .raw files sit after the install session?

I havea couple here on disk but could not find any on the drive after installing the demo.

Thanks!

Hmmm, not having ever downloaded the SB demo, all I can tell ya is that with the SB CD, I go to My computor, open C drive, Program files, there is the eSim Game File..

Open that, and in there, is the Map file, and in that is the terrian file, and height file..

LS

Wolf , you will not find any .ter files on SB1 .

Both Heights and terrain files use the same extension : .raw

Cheers . :3starSK:

Hi friends.

I have a question about .ter file. What kind of file is this???

I'm creating my own map and have my .hgt file but Idk how create the .ter

Please! Help! :(

TER files contain all the information about the actual "land use" (where are rivers, roads, forests, houses, ...) while HGT files define the shape and location of hills and valleys. Other than that, please check out Chapter 2 of the user's manual ("Installation and Setup"), specifically the section about the file structure. And the chapter about the map editor.