SB Pro PE Upgrade Video

Sean

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I ordered it before I saw the video but now that I have seen it I don't regret placing the order.

Heterogeneous platoons alone is worthwhile as I can now use an Australian Recce Tp (4 x ASLAV 1 + 2 x ASLAV 2) as one unit instead of moving two platoons (one 4 vehicle, the other 2) around on top of each other!

• Members

Night combat will still require the implementation of night vision devices plus an option to switch on lights in gunner's and commander's place to read the bloody control panels and find the proper switches.

For the moment, while you can certainly try night combat, I suggest concentrating on scenarios starting short before sunrise or where you implement time pressure to finish a mission before nightfall. Once that it is dark it isn't terribly fun.

• Members

Oh, why didn't I think of that!

And it's so simple!

Maybe I'm a bit more sarcastic here than you deserve. Seriously though, if it were that easy we wouldn't need to keep a list as pretty much everything could be added with a snap of the fingers.

Great preview. The daylight variations are sure to improve the immersion factor. Love the new skins, especially the M1. I noticed the shifting smoke too. Awesome. The new arty explosions are great as well. I'm looking forward to the day other effects are improved (namely, explosions). Judging what I've seen and heard so far, I will not be disappointed (and hopefully my preorder helps continue this endeavor of yours...GO SB2!!!). The Tunguska is sexy as hell. Oh yeah, I've always loved the flash-to-bang delayed report. That bomb at the end rocked. Great job!

Yes, I'm all about the visuals. I don't think this sim lacks substance at all, however.

Thanks for your continued support and effort, and thanks for sharing the preview.

And oh, $25 for preorder??? Wait for it.......SOLD.

Oh, why didn't I think of that!

And it's so simple!

Maybe I'm a bit more sarcastic here than you deserve. Seriously though, if it were that easy we wouldn't need to keep a list as pretty much everything could be added with a snap of the fingers.

Who ever said it was easy to do?

Night combat will still require the implementation of night vision devices plus an option to switch on lights in gunner's and commander's place to read the bloody control panels and find the proper switches.

For the moment, while you can certainly try night combat, I suggest concentrating on scenarios starting short before sunrise or where you implement time pressure to finish a mission before nightfall. Once that it is dark it isn't terribly fun.

Will the lighting change as the mission continues? For instance will it get darker and darker if you are playing a mission that is set in early dusk?

Looks great and only $25? Ordered! Well actually when I get my next pay in about a week :) Oh this is actually my first post, so hi everybody! Been playing this game for about 6 months, it's awsome! And the upgrade will make it even more awsome! (Is that even possible? heh)

Same here Alex. Ordered yesterday. In the past, I had only played Steel Beasts 1, with friends. A SB Pro PE convert now. Great support from a committed company that stays with its product and its customers. And a fine community - thanks kramer for your MP assistance yesterday.

Looks great and only $25? Ordered! Well actually when I get my next pay in about a week :) Oh this is actually my first post, so hi everybody! Been playing this game for about 6 months, it's awsome! And the upgrade will make it even more awsome! (Is that even possible? heh)

howdy young man. sorry to bring bad news, but, you've been drafted. yup, i know; it sucks. but, you've been playing for 6 months now, so there are no excuses for not playing online. you are required to show up at TGIF this friday at 21:00 hrs CMT. Show up on TeamSpeak about 15 minutes prior to mission start (20:45 CMT). at 21:05 i'm sending the MPs.