Some questions about the new upgrade

-Sperber-

First of all , i've got to say, that the upgrade is really superior.

But I've got some questions about it:

1. Will there be a tutorial for the new IFVs (Pizarro/CV9035)?

2. In the primary gunner sight there is a textfield "IR allign", what does that mean?

3. 2S6 has problems with engaging fast flying chopperswith its guns (range 1500m, shot fall regularly too far). Is the Firecontrol computer of the 2S6 that bad?

4.Is the penetration cabability of the hellfire(k) missle (1400mm + x RHA) that high?

5.I thought the combat range of the leo2e / leo2a6 would have been increased with the combination DM53 an L55 barrel. (4000m+, am i wrong here?)

Greetings Sperber

Edited by -Sperber-

First of all , i've got to say, that the upgrade is really superior.

But I've got some questions about it:

Once the final version has been accepted by the Danish Army.

2. In the primary gunner sight there is a textfield "IR allign", what does that mean?

That the gun tube is in alignment with the sight - the sight is a light mirror, which can be stabilised with a high degree of accuracy and responsiveness, but the much heavier gun tube and turret will lag somewhat during rapid tracking or cross country movement. The FCS will only allow firing while they are in coincidence (aligned).

3. 2S6 has problems with engaging fast flying chopperswith its guns (range 1500m, shot fall regularly too far). Is the Firecontrol computer of the 2S6 that bad?

Please provide a simplified test scenario which demonstrates this. (you don't 'have to' but it makes the testing process easier if we are all looking at the same thing.

4.Is the penetration cabability of the hellfire(k) missle (1400mm + x RHA) that high?

No, this is a modification of the basic 800mm to represent the enhanced behind ERA/behind armour lethality of a Tandem HEAT round of similar total penetration limit against a moderate target - it makes little difference, as the warhead is predominantly top attack anyway at longer range, where armour values may struggle to exceed 200mm.

5.I thought the combat range of the leo2e / leo2a6 would have been increased with the combination DM53 an L55 barrel. (4000m+, am i wrong here?)

I think I find dispersion from the longer tube to be slightly higher than for the shorter weapon, but this may be my imagination. The faster muzzle velocity aids accuracy against moving targets though. How that should translate into the 'engagement ranges' is probably more down to doctrine and ammunition availability than to any technical differences (which are fairly minor).

Hello GH_Lieste, you wrote:

Please provide a simplified test scenario which demonstrates this. (you don't 'have to' but it makes the testing process easier if we are all looking at the same thing.

-> where can i upload the sce?

Greetings Sperber

Hello GH_Lieste, you wrote:

-> where can i upload the sce?

Greetings Sperber

you can post it here in the thread. create a post then hit preview post. scroll down a bit from the editing window and you'll see additional options. find manage attachments. voila!

• Members

There's little to add to Lieste's answers.

There are Pizarro tutorials. A few errors have been found in four of them (see the corresponding Tech Support threads), but they should make enough sense to figure out what's going on there.

CV90/35 tutorials are pending the completion of the work on the vehicle itself, which got delayed as an indirect result of ongoing operations and related training activity.

In order to increase the engagement range we also need to increase the rendering ranges. Eventually it will get done. The limiting factor in practice is the ability (or lack thereof) of proper target discrimination, especially if you have heat blur.

In order to increase the engagement range we also need to increase the rendering ranges. Eventually it will get done. The limiting factor in practice is the ability (or lack thereof) of proper target discrimination, especially if you have heat blur.

Hi Ssnake.

Do we have "heat blur" in 2.460? Or were you just referencing a "real world" visual limitation?

Cheers

Ceedub

@ Ssnake:

Does SB Pro PE calculate the real armor strenght of the hidden zone considering the impact angle of the projectile/ATGM/RPG?

Or does SB Pro PE calculate the armor strenght considering standard armor values for the hidden zones?

I thought the Gunners primary sights of the leo2e has second generation thermal intensifier installed.

The jitter thermal sight of the leo2e in the game is comparable to the jitter gps of the leo2a4.

I thought there would be a better reselution in gps thermals... maybe i am wrong here.....

Does the commanders thermal sights of the leo2e only have two magnification levels?

( cmpared to the three magnification levels of the leo2a5)

Greetings Sperber

• Members
  1. What's a "hidden zone"?
  2. I'm not sure if I have footage to prove that the quality of the Leo 2E's thermal sight really is much better than that of previous Leo 2 generations' sights. At least the Spanish Army seems to be happy with the quality. Not sure either what you mean with "jitter" in this context.
  3. Yes, there's only a digital zoom for the daysight channel (so if that is in high magnification already you get to a 25x zoom factor)

Sorry, i meant hit zone.

I thought sec. gerneration thermals would have a resolution comparable to the GPS of thje cv90. (Or does the cv 90 have 3 generation thermals - but i never watched through a 2. or 3. generation thermal in reality....)

Greetings sperber

• Members

Impact angle is taken into account, but not effects like the projectile to plate thickness ratio which is relevant for thin surfaces; the thinner a surface the more disproportionate its protection can become.This is a weakness that we are willing to accept to keep the whole damage model at a manageable complexity, both for the design of LOD3 models, the vehicular vulnerability database, and the CPU cycles devoted to resolve the damage.

I received my copy of 2.460 and after reinstalling (which was a breeze, codemeter included) couldn't wait to fire it up.

I usually start with a 'quickie' playing the Byto 1 scenario, but instead of having a cakewalk I found myself being attacked by a vast amount of enemy armor. Panzers near Telvic for sure!

My questions:

1) has this scenario been redesigned?

2) is this the case for other default scenarios as well?

Thx, 60

I don't know that scenario. Can you be a bit more specific, e.g. what kind of a target is it, what's the range, and do you think that the hit ratio is too high or too low?

The sce is available as an attachement in this threat (Post Nr. 9).

Describtion:

Tiger Heli flying parallel to an Tunguska at high speed in a range of about 1km. Tunguska isn't moving. Tunguska has only machine cannons as armament.

Hit probability about zero.

Greetings

Sperber

Edited by -Sperber-