Leclerc Tank

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Tacbat: the last french tank involved in tank to tank combat, with no lose, was the amx30b2. Does it make it a better tank than Leclerc, just involved in peace keeping? amx10rcr are fighting in Astan. Are they better than Leclerc because of that?

• Moderators
I think battle proven refers to a tank on tank battle.

Well, that is the good thing about SB. Maybe one day we can put the Leclerc up against other tanks. No need for a real tank on tank battle to see how the tank performs when SB will simulate everything with a pretty high degree of accuracy. ;)

patients, all good things come to those who wait :) well everybody probably knows my wish list, all the new British MBTs (from centurion onwards) and AFVs (warriors, scorpion CVRT family, saxon, fox) and the Land Rover Defender "wolf" 110/90 series. gotta trudge through mud in one of them.

dont forget artillery! we need SPGs, MLRS types, and even towed arty that will pull up, push stakes and take 20 minutes to fire its first round! ;) furthermore, we need the option to be ablt to link it in the mission editor to what the player has alowedable -- and thus if it's destoyed, effects his arty... ;)

they'll be most fun to shoot up...

dont forget artillery! we need SPGs, MLRS types, and even towed arty that will pull up, push stakes and take 20 minutes to fire its first round! ;) furthermore, we need the option to be ablt to link it in the mission editor to what the player has alowedable -- and thus if it's destoyed, effects his arty... ;)

Basically there is a lot of stuff that need to be done (like non-target objects/vehicules/troops, etc...), but when that will be done, SB will be the ultimate simulator.

i already believe this is the ultimate sim, but that is another debate... ;)

but yes, adding lots of ash and trash will make it more emersive and allow for more types of scenarios and challenges for players.

i was being a little sarcastic, i must admit. really, this is the semi-annual "why don't we have a LeClerc" thread. I've seen about 20 of these. ;)

i already believe this is the ultimate sim, but that is another debate... ;)

but yes, adding lots of ash and trash will make it more emersive and allow for more types of scenarios and challenges for players.

i was being a little sarcastic, i must admit. really, this is the semi-annual "why don't we have a LeClerc" thread. I've seen about 20 of these. ;)

Yes, you're right.

I hope that you understand that I won't stop any thread conserning the Leclerc. :clin:

Moreover if they are really motivated to see the Leclerc added in Steel Beasts! :)

well i think it would be interesting to have a mess about in a LeClerc and either Challenger 1 or 2. Until then ill play seek and destroy PS2 game, its a sort of characature tanks from the real world and you have to destroy these enemies. Its a Kiddie game but still you get most modern tanks on there and its a laugh:). Give it a go, it should be cheap

Off course I would prefer to see such features in SB before to see any Leclerc. And even if french army selected SBpro, Leclerc would not be crewable at first, we need it for any other armor (amx10rcr, erc90, vbl, vab)

Off course I would prefer to see such features in SB before to see any Leclerc. And even if french army selected SBpro, Leclerc would not be crewable at first, we need it for any other armor (amx10rcr, erc90, vbl, vab)

Too bad, it's less eye-candy than Steel Beasts...

56e83c794eda8_SimulateurLeclerc37.jpg.9b

56e83c794eda8_SimulateurLeclerc37.jpg.9b

Oh yes, these features would put SB on another tactical level.

OK, that is exagerating a bit - but still it'd be very interesting.

Very high on my wishlist.

Sorry to go off topic - K

ah now this is an idea, a joint NATO or UN mission scenario with tanks consisting of the French LeClerc, the British Challenger 2, the German Leopard 2a6 and the Italian Areit. Then have their respective support units. The missions could be "Peace Keeping" tours or "Crisis situations". having them scenarios aswell, the flags and decals change to NATO or UN depending on what you choose to do.

now that would be awesome

I could be wrong but I think France has more AMX-30B2s in service than they have Leclercs (or at least the number is very close).

There is no AMX30B2 in 1st line units for 5 years! The only AMX30B2 in service (30) are in the OPFOR of the Tactical Training Center (CENTAC) , where they represent T72.

can I ask what does france have as a 4x4 utility unit, like British have the Land Rover Defender, the Americans have the Hummvee, and from what i saw in germany the germans still use VW vans as MP vehicles.

P4 (french version of Gwagon), Defender

• Moderators
There is no AMX30B2 in 1st line units for 5 years! The only AMX30B2 in service (30) are in the OPFOR of the Tactical Training Center (CENTAC) , where they represent T72.

Well, I never said they were in front line service, did I? Doesn't France have a reserve force? I find that hard to believe if they don't because that means the whole of the French Army has only ~400 tanks under its command if they only have Leclercs at its disposal. Then again, maybe I am "behind the times".

Well, I never said they were in front line service, did I? Doesn't France have a reserve force? I find that hard to believe if they don't because that means the whole of the French Army has only ~400 tanks under its command if they only have Leclercs at its disposal. Then again, maybe I am "behind the times".

afaik the british army is similarly crippled. about 500 tanks. and the dutch army sold most of its tanks, and have a few left rotting away.

europe is basically in a pre-WW2 state, ripe for the picking, for any despot willing to take the job.

we even have an economic crisis going.