A Tank Plt in the Defense: Keep Those Threads Rolling or Die!

El_Chacho

Considering I'm already under fire, it's safe to assume that the EN has a pretty good idea of where I am before I pop smoke.

When I do pop smoke, the message being sent is more like "You missed, go back to the range and practice some more because it's painfully obvious that you need it. Oh, and here's a sabot round to terminate your existance in this scenario so you can head there directly. Noob." Works equally as well for either AI or human players.

i like that site! is it your's, El Chacho?

the post about target fixation was spot on. at least you didn't go chasing after the BMP, that would have been a second mistake as a "hunter". ;)

that tank platoon scenario is fun. there is a version using Bradleys you should try. of course, the enemy is not a tank heavy company in that version. A few of us have pulled that one off before as a coop. but, most of the time we take a beating. key is getting that smoke down fast and pulling any units not in direct contact back to the second BP while those in contact provide cover and the smoke comes in. the smoke will help you get the tanks in contact back to BP 2 despite the lack of cover.

Thanks for the kind words, everybody. :)

@Hackworth: Yes, that's my blog. Glad you liked it. That entry about target fixation from an scenario I will write about in the near future.

You mention the version of the scenario where you have Bradleys. That scenario has been extraordinarily tough for me. I will try what you recommend right away.

Cheers,

I rememeber that I had made a PLT defensive mission for the original CD for learning basic tactics. If so many enemy tanks got past the break point, you could select bound to alternate positions by section (covered) or by platoon where everyone would pop smoke when the FPF hit depend on which trigger you selected.

EC,

Great stuff and a great blog keep up the good work. Hope you had a good time at the Andrews open house, I have attended many times in the past and was always a highlight of the month of May. Pax River aint bad either

Congo

Ey congo,

Thanks for the kind words.

The Open House @ Andrews is always a blast. This year the ceiling was low, but the static show was good as always. I will post more armor-related stuff later on.

The NAS Pax River is in my list for the next year. Thanks for the pointer.

Are you local?

Cheers,

Ey congo,

Thanks for the kind words.

The Open House @ Andrews is always a blast. This year the ceiling was low, but the static show was good as always. I will post more armor-related stuff later on.

The NAS Pax River is in my list for the next year. Thanks for the pointer.

Are you local?

Cheers,

Back in the 80,s I watched the flying from the reserve side of the base and was lucky enough to be directly below the TomCat as he went vertical. Got bathed in JP exhaust, it was like being annointed by the Holy One. Retired and bunkered in Arlington. I take it you have visited Aberdeen. If not add that to your list. If you've been here any length of time you probably know this area is a museum lovers dream. Navy Yard, Quantico, Hazy, Belvoir etc. etc.