Returning to SBPro after a long break...

Jarhead0331

Well, the thread title says it all...I purchased SBPro at release, played for a few weeks and then stopped due to too many other distractions. I'm ready to jump back in, but A LOT has transpired in terms of mods, skins, scenarios, etc. This community really hit the ground running!

Is there a thread that has compiled a list of MUST HAVE mods and scenarios? If not, your suggestions would be greatly appreciated...oh, and I have downloaded the ver. 2.370 beta...are all mods and scenarios compatible with the beta version?

Thanks in advance!

Semper Fi

Hey Jarhead,

Welcome back.

With regards to mods, it all comes down to what you fancy, but for me the must have for my installation of SB are as follows:

- Daskals sound mods

> Leopard and M1A1 packs (WARNING INCREASE IN IMMERSION!!!)

> .50 cal sounds

> Bradley 25mm sound

> Helicopter sound

- Chance and Fidels improved Fire and Smoke effects

- Kingtigers Skins for Leos and CV90's

- CZ Studios skins

> US APC's

> Russian Armor and support vehicles

- Roguesnakes skins

> M1A1 available in several very individual season and terrain schemes

- Hackworths skins

> Chinook available in RAF and USMC colour schemes

> Hind

Thats just to my liking, there are many talented modders in the community and there are a wide variety available, I suggest that you sniff around and download a few samples and try them out and see which ones you prefer, only then can you be really happy with the results!

Hi Jeff I think I've seen your creepy avatar used by someone else in this forum....where do you get that pic from anyway? Is it supposed to mean something:)

Improved fire and smoke mod and High res texture are recommended but the only flaw is that your TIS would be showing orange flame and missing the flash of HEAT explosions...i think the author forgot to add the equivalent TIS textures for the flame and explosions.

• Members
_--__[]KITT;147614']I think I've seen your creepy avatar used by someone else in this forum....where do you get that pic from anyway? Is it supposed to mean something:)

I guess it's one of those competitions who can make the scarier face - Calvin, or Hobbes. If in doubt, buy one of those wonderful books from Bill Watterson and scan what you like (it's a copyright infringement, though), or use Google's image finder for keywords like "Calvin".

And no, per definition, there are no rules for Calvinball.

_--__[]KITT;

Improved fire and smoke mod and High res texture are recommended but the only flaw is that your TIS would be showing orange flame and missing the flash of HEAT explosions...i think the author forgot to add the equivalent TIS textures for the flame and explosions.

The flash from the HEAT explosions in your TIS is from the stock sim' date=' hasnt been modified. (WIP). As far as the orange flame in your TIS goes, I am not seeing it as orange, but i will take a look at it.

[img']http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x75/ChanceBS/SS_14_53_22.jpg

TIS fire is being worked on but the project is going slow. RLS and current understanding of the mechanics of the software. (WIP).

I guess it's one of those competitions who can make the scarier face - Calvin, or Hobbes. If in doubt, buy one of those wonderful books from Bill Watterson and scan what you like (it's a copyright infringement, though), or use Google's image finder for keywords like "Calvin".

And no, per definition, there are no rules for Calvinball.

The eye tells me the man is feeling kinda sleepy:biggrin:

Thx for the info Nils