Turrent Can't Stop Spinning in SB Pro PE

gx007

Please help.

When I launch a mission, tutorial, or range practice session, the tank turrent continually spins around and around nonstop. I press Alt+J and it stops, but it won't recognize the X- Y-axis on my Saitek X52. It does recognize the buttons on the stick (fire, lase, etc.), but no traverse control.

I recalibrated the X52 in Windows Game Controler. Unplugged it and all. I removed SB 3.28 and BETA 3.70 and reinstalled SB and still get the same problem. Any ideas.

Thanks,

gx007

Greetings,

I seem to remember something about the "Throttle" control using the same pin ports for the "X" "Y" . Also the joystick has non-contact technology on X and Y axes or "hall effect" sensors, so these may again be located on different pin outs?

The X and Y must be mapped correctly in the Steel Beasts config. (button/control Map) screen also. I'd look there first to see what is currently being "seen" for the X/Y.

Does the mouse work to control the turret? Are you in the gunners position when testing the turret, also check from the commanders override sight position. Do the L and R arrow keys work for the turret?

Later ..... 9erRed

Be careful of the little "magic mouse" stick on the throttle control, this has caused me problems before where it would not centre properly. And this caused mouse inputs to be sent to the computer causing my mouse cursor to move on its own etc etc...

It might be an idea disabling the "magic mouse" and "HID compliant mouse" in your windows device manager, this disabled the device and removed the problem for me.

Cheers

9erRed, Stalintc, SSnake;

Thanks for giving me links, etc. I too couldn't find a thread when I searched under "x52" or "saitek".

Well, I got it fixed. The probelm was my CH Pedals was selected as the Preferred Device in the Windows Game Controler window. I must have mistakenly selected that one after I recalibrated my stick.

Many thanks,

gx007

• 8 years later...
On 1/6/2008 at 6:17 PM, gx007 said:

Well, I got it fixed. The probelm was my CH Pedals was selected as the Preferred Device in the Windows Game Controler window.

This was the issue for me as well. Thanks.