Rise of Flight

RogueSnake79

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you move you head around while you are on the cockpit?

This just straight ahead looking is not very healthy on air combat.

Please tell me you can disable the external view here on MP games like in a realistic sim!!!!!! :diable:

Yes, Yes.

Full Tracker IR support too, all that 6 DOF stuff.

Outstanding damage models. This guy died in the pit. I keep at him anyway, and did that to the wing. Later, I shot it completely off and it rolled over and crashed.

wing.jpg

My final thoughts are that most should wait on this sim. Unless you are hardcore WW1/flight. Needs a patch or 2, and some more AC. All of that should come, but who knows. I'm enjoying it, but I know there are things that other people will not look over.

So I won't give it my full endorsement YET. And everyone knows that's a big deal :D.

It is a good game, but the value is questionable to many(Only 2 flyable's thing). There is no doubt however to me that with continued support this one will be an all time classic.

As far as were it is available, I don't know. US through GoGamer, Russia, and some places in Europe. You will have to search to find out for sure.

BTW nice video Magnum, thanks for posting it here.

I get 60 FPS flat during game, then it cuts in half to 30 FPS while recording with FRAPS... wierd... must be locked at 60 and/or 30 or whatever because most games fluctuate in FPS for me...

Dell XPS 720

Intel Core2 processor Q6600

4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz

1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 280 GTX

X-Fi PCI Sound Card

Vista Home Premium Edition 32 bit

Think of it as an investment towards the delelopment of future releases of aircraft that are more to your liking. :wink:

Rotary-06-june.gif

Yep, Eagle Dynamics has staying power and have been around for a long time. They've been putting the pieces of their new product together one piece at a time and Black Shark is just the beginning.

I received ROF from GoGamer last Thursday. I've been alternating between ROF and SBPro both of which are new to me. Talk about brain overload!

Anyway, my initial thoughts on this game: Visually, its' the best looking flight-sim I own, and I now have a dozen of 'em. I mean, man is it gorgeous! The enemy AI varies (it still could use some tweaking.)

The sense of "flying" is the best IMHO of any sim I've ever played. I just started a Career Campaign, and the first mission was decent. The sense of immersion was there, but like I said I'm just getting into it.

Now, the ONE BIG complaint: The FM when just cruising is fine, the problem comes when you are firing the MGs in a dogfight and also on ground strafing runs. In real-life the Fokker DVII was considered a handful to handle. I'm all for realism, but the combat FM in ROF is so twitchy that it starts to get annoying. No matter how gung-ho you want to get about it, its' still a game.

I've gotten a handle on it and I'm improving (changing gun convergence, a lighter touch on the stick and reducing my speed) but this needs to be addressed, hopefully in a patch. This is the biggest complaint from users so far.

I own three WWI FSims. ROF has the potential to be an incredible game, but its' not at the present time. If you only want to buy one WWI sim I would still choose OFF, for it's campaign depth, immersion, and FM, and almost infinite options to set the game up just the way you personally like it.

Of course, if you're like me you will buy it anyway, because you love that particular genre. Just remember, ROF is still a work in progress. It needs more user options like OFF already has.

Thats a heavily edited video. We both know that the game is nowhere near as exciting as that.

actually, what perplexed me was that in that video i never saw one of those Zsu's responding to the air threat, not even a turn of the turret as they are strafed. pretty looking, but who cares about only that? waiting for the next helo sim before i burn anymore money on flight sims. i have so many, i should use the disks for coasters. i'd get more use out of them.

an aside, in BS (perfect acronym for it, it would seem), is the Frogfoot flyable? seemed like it from the sim.

Thats a heavily edited video. We both know that the game is nowhere near as exciting as that.

Of course the video is heavily edited. The point is people can and do construct some pretty interesting scenarios and within the mission editor can add as many bells and whistles as they desire, depending on how much work they want to do.

Any mission will be as exciting as the mission maker decides to make it. The same goes for SBPE. The missions can be flat out boring or they can be challenging and fun (with atmosphere). All depends on the mission maker and his/her creativity with the editor.

All also depends on gameplay style of those playing the missions.

I guess we'll agree to disagree and leave it at that.

• Moderators

Yeah I think it is pretty accurate, I don't see why not. My plane was damaged from the collision but... not as much as his. The landing gear is very sturdy in comparison to the top wing of these planes. I was just amazed that it worked out realistically and didn't cause both of us to just explode in mid air.

i have two parts to an analysis of the American air Corps EXF in WWI. Acutally this was a much more common experience than you might think ;)

funny enough, i cannot find the actual books in my apartment. last time i saw them was 10 days ago when my sister asked, "how the hell did you get these". the pressing of the title cover is with glue. will report back with more detailed information about the book when i can find the original.