Rise of Flight

RogueSnake79

I got my copy yesterday... one word AWESOME!!!.

I really don't know what all the wingeing was about on some forums. Installed easily. Runs smooth as silk. The controls are smooth and responsive. A little screwing around to get the axis orientation right.

Did 3 of the training missions then started a campaign. In a very short time i encountered some enemy. One tried to turn under me, I came over the top in a text book Immelmann. As he came in front of me I shot him in the back of the head. 1st mission 1st kill.

1st_Kill_ROF.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still on two minds about this one, heard a lot for and against it. Be interesting to see your specs and a vid or few more shots DarkAngel, im interested in this one guess i need more convincing etc before i dust the cobwebs off me wallet. I like the sound of Rise of Flight and may just order it and see for myself.

Be aware that you can only play this game if you are connected to the internet and that includes all modes not just multiplayer. If your net is down youre screwed. Dont waste your money.

Edited by congo

Be aware that you can only play this game if you are connected to the internet and that includes all modes not just multiplayer. If your net is down youre screwed. Dont waste your money.

Didn't realize that. I'm of two minds about this one as well. Too many negative posts which have given me pause. Still keeping an eye on it though.

Still not convinced this game is worth the bucks, steam leaves me cold and unless they change tack I will give it a miss.

Joe paying Public.

Incoming ...

i agree with you, Eddie. i cannot stand steam. it's a heaping pile of...steamy stuff. i had the hardest time uninstalling that POS after buying Red Orchestra. another POS...

someone else will have to flame you. :biggrin:

i agree with you, Eddie. i cannot stand steam. it's a heaping pile of...steamy stuff. i had the hardest time uninstalling that POS after buying Red Orchestra. another POS...

yah, steaming pile of dogshit. its heavy on resources, slow, and slows down games.

still, its very addictive how you don't need DVD's any more, i've bought a few games over steam, and its been relatively painless. (exception being Empire total war, that thing still is riddled with bugs, even after 4 months of patching)

Edited by dejawolf

Steam is garbage, but RO was the best the most mediocre $4.99 I ever spent on a game. It had glimmers of here and there, but in the end was forgettable to me.

Scorpius,

I used to feel that way about Steam until I started using it. Can you give an example of why Steam is "junk?"

It's a resource hog and it's unnecessary. It bogged down my system big time. It's not that Red Orchestra was a bad game, but my experiences with Steam kept me from fully enjoying the game. If RO was installable without it, I might have enjoyed it much more. For the headaches and such, I gravitated toward Enemy Territory much more. It was easier on the processor and it was free.

Hack, Big Lots can be a wonderful thing from time to time.

I used to play DOD on steam worked fine, and RO too, not too keen on RO though liked the idea but didnt wirk for me, although DOD was pretty good. Wll probably get ROF when available over here. PS: RO cost me £30 then, should of waited and got it for 4.99.

Woot!

http://riseofflight.com/Blogs/post/2009/07/10/Rise-of-Flight-Vision-Statement.aspx#continue

- On Friday July 10th we will give all North American and European customers the Albatros D5 and Nieuport 28 for free. We see that a misunderstanding about these aircraft has developed in the community. We would like to clear that up by making these planes available and we believe this decision will make several of our customers very happy. We value our reputation and the reputation of our publishers 777 Studios and Aerosoft, both now and in the future and do not want it to be tarnished by a misunderstanding.

- The Nieuport 17 can be purchased as a flyable aircraft at a rate of $7.62 (5.45 Euro) from our web-store beginning next week. We are testing the payment system now and we want to be sure the store functions correctly and our secure credit card purchasing system works as planned.

- The SE.5 and Pfalz D3 are currently in beta testing and are looking very sharp. They will be available in our web-store at the end of July.