Rise of Flight

RogueSnake79

I've flown a little in Rise of Flight but situational awareness was really lacking... so I finally bought me a TRACKIR... used it last night for ArmA2, and got dizzy... stopped using it, lol...

Does SB Pro PE support TRACKIR? don't remember it doing so... oh well, anyway...

So this AM I tried it with Rise of Flight, and had one of the best (for this beginner, sim pilot) virtual dog fights I've ever had...

I still can't figure out how I didn't take him down with all my rounds on target, but it was so great to be able to track him with the TRACKIR, and be able to re-position on him.

This is one game where a TRACKIR is almost mandatory, IMO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mScGuSeVl4

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice video.

You may not be leading your target enough in all those turns. The deflection shot isn't easy. WW2 German ace, Hans Joachim Marsailles, was a master. In a turning dogfight, he'd would pull a turn to follow the target and wait until the target dropped below his plane's nose and then fire. He got so good at it that he'd fire and turn on to the next target without looking back according to his wingman.

I am a tad worried about this sim,im not sure i like the view in the last vid,the target keeps getting obscured by the top wing,it seems that the view is like being seen form the pilot standing up in the cockpit.

In real WWI planes, the cockpit visibility is low i think.

In Rise of flight you can also activate the enemy/friendly icons to solve this problem.

IMHO this is a great sim.

Saluti and sorry for my poor english

aw, someone else made it. i just found it and noticed the clearnance. after watching the video i posted, i came to believe that Magnum's video was taken from the Albatross. note the engine detail to the front.

yea, i'm goona have to pick this one up eventually.