Firing missiles from APCs

Panta

Before I get the standard answer of "read the manuals!", I will open my umbrella and said that I have been searching thoroughly in the manuals and Wiki, but couldn't find any single hint! :diable:

How do you choose to fire missiles against a vehicle, instead of the main gun? In a Marder, or a BMP, for instance? Is that calculated automatically by the AI?

Cheers,

Panta

For the BMPs, BMD, and Marder, that is calculated by the AI. To fire an ATGM from a M2/M3, you hit the Home key, zoom in, make sure you're on level ground, lase, and fire.

Tx, and BTW, is the TOW fire-and-forget or you must keep tracking all the time?

Panta

lol, no worries Panta! look at it this way. the sword cuts both ways. this also means you can shoot the launcher and cause the missle to plunge into the ground thus avoiding death! :biggrin: then again, they can do that to you too ;)

Not much comfort, actually. In R/L you probably can see the blast at launching and suppress the offender long enough to make him miss, but in SBP all I will see as a tanker will be a small fast-coming fireball and then BLAM! :eek2:

Cheers,

P.

Not much comfort, actually. In R/L you probably can see the blast at launching and suppress the offender long enough to make him miss, but in SBP all I will see as a tanker will be a small fast-coming fireball and then BLAM! :eek2:

Cheers,

P.

Well, missiles are slow compared to your main gun. Unless they get you by total surprise, they are easy to defeat by shooting the launching vehicle. Always give me a kick. You really don't wanna miss!

Regards,

-Rump