W@nker on Teamspeak

daskal

Right.

1-34.jpg

I'm fed up with a certain "member" who is constantly coming in under different names on TS (all of the names have to do sg with Chuikov) - he pops in and starts to talk cr*p and to rant on everybody in the channel for no apparent reason. Problem is that he keeps doing this even while we are in game and its very annoying... Since the games are basically open to everybody the last thing I wanna do is to password the channel because of an idiot like this.

I'd like to ID this pr*ck if possible - without making any accusation it's definitely somebody from the US or Australia, and probably a "regular" participant on TGIF...

Sean - is it possible to backtrack the IP on Teamspeak based on the users name? Any help would be welcome. here is a small recording from tonight - "enjoy":

wanker_rar.1de1b97527d360a848dda6a57ca5b

wanker.rar

Though I have not had the chance to get on TS with you guys, it really does piss me off that people feel the need to be jackasses online. You know those kinds of fools would almost never do that if you were face to face. Some day there will be some wacky invention that lets you bitch slap fools through the net :P

this case is an exception to the rule Ratguts.

looking forward to that invention by the way :biggrin:

not so much challenging your reasoning Daskal, just the means. but couldn't this have been handled via PM? that way isolated people/incidents don't influence whether or not new guys like Ratguts decide to join us on TS to play PE? i mean we have our moments on TS, but it's nothing like i've seen in some games online - not even close.

Don't worry Hack, random fools do not scare me :P I will join you all on TS soon, just gotta wait till I move in a week. One of my hobbies I guess you could say is that I am an online DJ, and have been for around 4 years now, so I get more than my share of internet mofos.

this case is an exception to the rule Ratguts.
Hardly.
Posted by Hackworth

looking forward to that invention by the way :biggrin:

It is here, genius:http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=43240&highlight=tracking

Posted by Hackworth

but couldn't this have been handled via PM? that way isolated people/incidents don't influence whether or not new guys like Ratguts decide to join us on TS to play PE? i mean we have our moments on TS, but it's nothing like i've seen in some games online - not even close.

In most cases, yes, but this has been ongoing for some time, and we're fed up with it. I believe daskal decided to draw the line.

Daskal, check your PMs.

Edit: 400th post! Woot!

Chui don't get me started on you. hell, i've tried to be civil with you when you don't even deserve it.

call me a "genius" like that again and i'll spank you. besides, i am looking forward to the tool i can use to reach through the internet and slap stupid people. i was not commenting on IP tracking. i guess reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits.

basically what i am saying, and from the above misperception by Chui i can see he doesn't get it, is that WE don't need or want to hear this crap.

this seems to be a modus operandi for you, posting your personal problems here. and another thing, i think you all know who is conducting these little "Chui raids", but you can't keep your own house in order.

Chui, perhaps you need to take a good hard look at your own actions and discover why some people treat you badly.

now stop touching me Chui.

but couldn't this have been handled via PM? that way isolated people/incidents don't influence whether or not new guys like Ratguts decide to join us on TS to play PE? i mean we have our moments on TS, but it's nothing like i've seen in some games online - not even close.

Good point Hack. PMs would have been the way to go. This is another SBG public airing of an internal matter.

it's definitely somebody from the US or Australia, and probably a "regular" participant on TGIF...

Seeing as how everyone knows who hes talking about, and they live in the US, its just an underhanded attempt to provoke, by accusing someone in Australia, knowing the accusation is false. CC has posted about it on the SBG forums already so why drag it out into public?

"I'm not falsely accusing anyone from Oz. And I NEVER posted anything saying so on the SBG forums; who told you that crock?"

EDIT: Really? This is just a continuation of what you two have been doing since May. I say again, this is an internal matter for SBG and should have been handled in private. No matter, as Im sure this public meltdown will be locked by the morning. PMs are your friend.

Untitled-1.jpg

Revisionist History Fail

Those two need to declare a cease fire already.

Mog

Edited by Mogwa

...This is another SBG public airing of an internal matter...

actually, i was thinking about that incident specifically when i replied. and again when i spoke of modus operandi. (biting my tongue so hard).

Chui, don't say a word to me in TS. i won't play on any team you are a part of or have anything to do with you at all anymore. nothing.

Seeing as how everyone knows who hes talking about, and they live in the US, its just an underhanded attempt to provoke to accuse someone in Austrailia knowing the accusation is false. CC has posted about it on the SBG forums already so why drag it out into public?

Those two need to declare a cease fire already.

Mog

I'm not falsely accusing anyone from Oz. And I NEVER posted anything saying so on the SBG forums; who told you that crock?
Posted by Hackworth

Chui, don't say a word to me in TS. i won't play on any team you are a part of or have anything to do with you at all anymore. nothing.

And this happens without me even posting again over a misunderstanding spawned from my not reading fully what Ratguts had to say. Huh? Sorry if I offended you, but others here (yourself among them, see second post in thread) go out of their way to offend me on a regular basis. It seems that you're convinced that daskal and I cooked this up. I assure you that we DID NOT.

Well I think I pretty much know who this person is, but I dont want want to start pointing fingers. If somebody has a problem with Chuikov or anyone else sort it out with him.

But you have no right to come in and start calling people names.

Hey Guys

count to ten this is not doing anyone any favours. Unfortunatly, it is in the public eye and has been since it first appeared on the public forum of teamspeak. Imagine how inviting these names must appear to new users. What Im trying to say I suppose is that if somebody is being lambasted in the public eye then dont be suprised if the bleating that follows is also done in the same public domain.

Irish

Private issues should be handled privately - in PMs or whatever, but do go to that person, and deal with it directly. Unfortunately this isn't private since it's affecting everybody who is in the channel and would like to do a mission. This is ruining the fun of everybody, not just the "target" person.

Daskal, i guess the point is that a PM could have been sent to Sean. then he could advise and if possible investigate. not much of a point in second guessing now though.

Don't make me feel guilty ;) Do you seriously think somebody reading this thread will rather never come online to TS? I don't think so. /hope at least/

No kiddin Hedge. Are we not grown-ups, or some semblance thereof? Why have there been multiple crybaby threads regarding this stuff? It'd be nice if people would grow the hell up and solve their problems themselves, instead of running and tattling like toddlers. I mean that for both sides of the argument. Sean has bigger problems to worry about than policing TS, which would be denying somebody their god given right to dislike somebody. Grow up people, solve your own personal problems. That's why they call it a "personal" problem.

PS. In case nobody knows it, there is a mute option for specific players on TS. I've used it before, and I'm just a dumbass cowboy.

Edited by Vacquero
I forgot something

No kiddin Hedge. Are we not grown-ups, or some semblance thereof? Why have there been multiple crybaby threads regarding this stuff? It'd be nice if people would grow the hell up and solve their problems themselves, instead of running and tattling like toddlers. I mean that for both sides of the argument. Sean has bigger problems to worry about than policing TS, which would be denying somebody their god given right to dislike somebody. Grow up people, solve your own personal problems. That's why they call it a "personal" problem.

PS. In case nobody knows it, there is a mute option for specific players on TS. I've used it before, and I'm just a dumbass cowboy.

I'll complete what you've said to balance:

Grown-ups are people who respect each other, if something goes wrong they solve the problem with the people conserned (and not making shit during a game or omething else).

Being a grown-up, it's not being a coward who hide hiself behind a nasty nickname or something as bloody stupid.

So stop your childishness and grow up, because you're breaking our balls and maybe more for the development team wich as other thing to do.

So let's all take the high road and let Herr Dateless Wonder fade away, victim of his own inadequacies.

'I'm cool, I play tanks!'

Don't post in response, don't defend an honest argument, don't give the one the time of day. This one's posts do not exist, they are therefore not worthy of response.

Watch the posts, and the poster, go away thereby.

Shot

Tried it, he exits and rejoins - you have to keep on muteing again. Alt-Tab-ing out of the sim is a bit tiresome.