TC View - Joystick Question

335Armor

New guy here...

I realize I'm coming a bit late to the party, but I've recently purchased SB Gold and I'm a bit confused. In the unbuttoned TC view (and external view) I can't use the joystick to rotate my view, yet the documentation says that I should be able to...

Now it appears that the joystick is working fine otherwise (works perfect from the gunners seat, and in the TC view I can grab the turret override and rotate the turret using the joystick...but I can't use it to simply rotate my view...instead I have to use the mouse for that. Again, everywhere else in the sim my joystick works as the documentation says it should...except for in the external and unbuttoned TC views...am I overlooking something? Thanks!

I took the time to search through old posts last night, and it looks like it's a well known compatibility issue with XP, SB1, and certain joysticks. I'm sure all the old timers here just rolled their eyes when I originally posted my question the other day...haha.

Again, thanks for your input Rump...looks like I'll just have to live with it.

Greetings,

Ref the joystick not working.

Confirm that your joystick is listed as the primary "game device" in the "settings/control panel/Game controllers", then insure that it is plugged in prior to starting the game,(initilizing the SB exe.)

Make sure that the joystick is selected as the primary device in the settings of the simulation after it starts, under options (i think). Again as earlier stated if you see a crosshair when in the view mode then click the left mouse button to switch to joystick, now be advised "rudder" settings may be active to move your view. It's been a long while since I have used the earlier renderings from E-Sim, so most if this is from a fading memory.

Use what you need, later ..... 9erRed