Push ENY west and clear the obj.

Equipment - US VS GE

MAP Editing and Secnario By - Ash "Aschenbecher" Divay

Date - 2009

Briefing

2nd Amd. Brigade / 1st Expeditionary Corps

Indian Army Expeditionary Command

Sector Indo-China

Excerpts of the battalion commander's orders for...

1) SITUATION:

a) Enemy: Elements of US 4 Heavy Amd. Bn. and supporting ele have attack one of our Armour Task Forces (TF Alpha) in the NW sector. After their primary attack failed ,Eny air dropped Bn. size ele from 101 AB Div in Kashi Forest.

Following which they pushed ele of 10 Mtn towards Obj-MR. Also Armoured Recon ele of Cav is moving from west and might have allready crossed the river . ENY main body is beleived to be around Obj.1.0,2.0,2.1,2.2,2.3 and 2.3.

also Enemy Heay units are marching along Highway-13 from NW and will be upon TF Alpha.

b) Own:After being ambushed and surrounded and supply lines cut. TF Alpha has fortified its pos in the NW sector. They have lost most of the Supply and ENG detachment. A supply convoy which was following them about few miles behind was ambushed. its status is unknown. HQ 2 Amd Bde. realising the iminint threat from close prosimity of ENY forces has decided to push the ENY back west and santatise the area of Kashi Forest and clear the Highway-13 . To accomplish this task Bde. has organised 3 nos. Coy. size Task Forces Callsigns (TF Gopher,TF Elepant and TF Fox)

c) Attachments and detachments:

"G" Coy "TF Gopher" - 2 PL x Abhay IFV (CV9040B), 1 PL x Arjun Mk.1 (Leo2A4) , 2 PL x Caspier Trp Carriers (Bushmaster) and 2 IFV's x Abhay IFV (HQ).

"E" Coy "TF Elephant" - 2 PL x Arjun Mk.2 (Leo2A5DK),2 PL x Abhay 2 IFV (CV9035),2 PL x Caspier Trp Carriers and 1 x Arjun 2 -CO + 1 x Abhay 2 IFV - XO.

"F" Coy "TF Fox" - 2 PL x Arjun Mk.1 , 1 PL x Abhay IFV, 2 PL x Caspiers and 2 x Arjun Mk.1 - HQ.

"I" Coy "India Coy" Consist of 3 PL x M113 A4s + 2 x HQ

"J" Coy consist of Supply and ENG and MEDEVAC Ele.

Reserve - 1 PL x Arjun Mk.2 + 1 PL x Abhay 2 IFV.

2) MISSION:

TF Gopher -Primary Obj Clear ENY from Obj 3.0,3.1,3.2 and 3.3 . If possible push west and capture Secondary Obj 2.3 or 2.4 or both.

TF Elephant - Primary Obj Clear Obj 2.0, 2.1,2.2, and 2.3 and 2.4 .

TF Fox - Primary Obj is Clear and Hold Obj 1.0.

"India" Coy - Defeat possible ENY attack. and later push towards OBJ-MR and clear the area between MR-01 and MR-02.

Overall Mission to Push ENY west of river.

3) EXECUTION:

TF Alpha in NW sector will move into a DEF POS. They will try to hold as long as possible.

TF Gopher (TFG) will start their push West immidiately and clear their Obj's , TFG will also attempt to Take 2.4 and/or 2.3.

TF Elephant (TFE) is south of TFG , you will push West and clear your area of op of eny units. also if required you must provide support to TF G North of you if you see fit.

TF Fox (TFF) is south of TFE and will west with other two TF's, thei job is to clear the area of Obj-1.0 and hold and Def it against ENY counter attack. which is expected.

Mech Coy "India" (MCI) is tasked to clear the mountain road of North of any ENY elements it may encounter. Also it will try to take and hold Obj-MR

Intent:Is to cause as much as damage to ENY war machine and push them west across the river.

a) Concept of Operation: Quick Attack and Clear Op consisting of Multiple TF's and other Sp elements.

i) Maneuver:Dont cross any of the "EB" lines

ii) Fires:

Arty Fr Sp from 125 Feild Arty Unit attached to 33rd Amd Div. 6 Tubes x 4 Battries = 24 Tubes. (HE,SM,ICM)

Close Air Sp avilable from Mig 29K No.7 Sqn (Sea Tigers) from Naval Carrier INS Vikramaditya about 10 M SW.

iii) Additional assess: "H" Hotel Coy is local malita units.

Brigade HQ is stationed in FB Alpha.

FOB Delta has been evac'ed.

5) COMMAND AND SIGNALS:

Triggers

If you have large number of Players or wish to command other Coys . then simplly hit the Triggers. Or just leave em like they are and they will performe their task on their own .

Let me know what yall think. you can find the scen in the sb.com dl section

or i think i can attach file to this post

Regards

Ash

SS_00_45_48.jpg.48570de5508251ca109418ae

SS_00_47_14.jpg.f9d061f792cf88437cea13be

56e83c831c203_QuickAttackandClear_COOP_v

SS_00_45_48.jpg.48570de5508251ca109418ae

SS_00_47_14.jpg.f9d061f792cf88437cea13be

Quick Attack and Clear_COOP_v1.zip

We had a chance of playing this with 8 players yesterday, and it was great fun so thanks for making this sce.

I'ts a complex mission, and it really shows that you've put quite a lot of effort in it. Events & conditions worked out just fine the AI seemed to be well scripted, and it seemed like "smartly" reacting to our moves throughout the engagement. This scenario seems to have great replay value both in coop and with a bit of a modification i think in H2H well.

A few things that you might want to change:

- I got lost in the briefing a bit, you should maybe restructure it

- same for the map - there are lot of units scattered throughout the map, each belonging to different Task Forces, but I managed to get a bit confused as of who is with which TF, you might wanna use different colours for the names at least (I know this might not be the "proper" way of doing it but its a bit more user-friendly)

- you also might wanna play around with bumpiness - to make the cross-country movement more challenging :D

I'd give it a 8.5 out of 10 - so keep the sce's coming (next time maybe a desert one with M1 tanks.... ;)

Cheers

We had a chance of playing this with 8 players yesterday, and it was great fun so thanks for making this sce.

I'ts a complex mission, and it really shows that you've put quite a lot of effort in it. Events & conditions worked out just fine the AI seemed to be well scripted, and it seemed like "smartly" reacting to our moves throughout the engagement. This scenario seems to have great replay value both in coop and with a bit of a modification i think in H2H well.

A few things that you might want to change:

- I got lost in the briefing a bit, you should maybe restructure it

- same for the map - there are lot of units scattered throughout the map, each belonging to different Task Forces, but I managed to get a bit confused as of who is with which TF, you might wanna use different colours for the names at least (I know this might not be the "proper" way of doing it but its a bit more user-friendly)

- you also might wanna play around with bumpiness - to make the cross-country movement more challenging :D

I'd give it a 8.5 out of 10 - so keep the sce's coming (next time maybe a desert one with M1 tanks.... ;)

Cheers

TY Daskal

i appricate your feedback. i am making some corrections and will upload Version 3 soon.

i realised the briefing needed some work, so will expand it further in V3.

will work some bumpiness into it.

also will make some adjustments for the RED side so they will counter attack and flank more.

Ty for your time and comments.

Regards

Ash

Ash, it looks like you put a lot of thought into this.

Two things I would like to recommend (and which should not be taken as criticism).

First, ask Dark Angel if he'd like to provide you with a copy of his briefing wizard. Very handy, very easy to use, and Dark Angel is pretty easy to get along with.

Second, ignore a rating. If someone liked your scenario, good. If someone has advice, fine, if it's also constructive and/or relevant. Otherwise, 'I like it', 'I don't like it'.

There are precious-few mission makers out there in SB land, kudos to you for taking the trouble to make something that others might want to play. Keep up the good work, and ignore folks who would rather rate you than offer up a design of their own.

Shot