Still not able to start steelbeasts!

trek

Ok, I got a reply from the CodeMeter people today. They said my CM install looks normal. (Everything has been working OK since I installed SBProPE in June until a couple days ago.) Nothing has changed on my PC that I can see.

They said the problem is probably my firewall blocking the communication via port 22350 or another program is using port 22350. I checked my firewall settings and CodeMeter exception is ENABLED. My system config says the CodeMeter Runtime server is running.

Have any of you guys come across this problem? How do I find this port?

Need help.

Greetings,

I ran into a similar problem after a routine upgrade of my virus scanner definitions and a (what appeared to be) normal update from Microsoft. Suddenly I had to answer a pop up window that was behind the main screen of SB, only problem was I couldn't get the SB window to drop to the task bar to allow me to "ack" the pop up and allow SB to finish loading.

I knew there was a window back there because the mouse curser would change when I moved over the area for the pop up.

And yes I tried ALT/Tab....

Finally had to start SB in window mode to get at the pop up, after that all was fine.

...You could always try "ALT/CTRL/Delete" then switch to the applications tab and minimize the SB application, if that will open in front of the SB start up screen?

Question... is the SB application starting at all? or have you started the program from the new Icon that is required? After the install of the last update I had to create a new launch icon shortcut to the "release folder start application. [sBProPEcm.exe]

9erRed

Thanks 9ered, but no luck.

I can't get the CodeMeter service started. Consequently, if I click on the SB Icon it tells me to make sure the stick is inserted in the USB port, which it is.

I'm thinking I should un-install and re-install the CodeMeter Software. Are there any tech support people here that concur with this idea? I'd like to hear an opinion on this before I go ahead with the procedure.

Greetings,

Are both Codemeter applications running? You should see CodeMeterCC.exe and Codemeter.exe under Processes in the windows task manager.

Also have you confirmed that the USB port your using is working correctly? Try plugging in another USB device and see if it's detected.?

9erRed

Tried that too. When I dbl-click a small black data window pops up and immediately disappears and nothing happens.

It's after midnight here in central Florida. I'm leaving the PC on and letting it perform a de-frag while I sleep, it will also defrag the Codemeter disc as well.

Maybe that will clear up the problem.

Anyway, red, thanks for your help. I'll post on the forum the results when I get up. Have a good one.

• Members

Well, the inability to start the CodeMeter service seems to be the root of the problem. Of course, without it running you can't do anything. This is a clear case for Support@CodeMeter.com; please CC me in your email exchange so I get to see what the solution may be so that I can make appropriate recommendations directly here in the forum.

Ssnake,

I sent an email to Codemeter Support early this morning. Forgot to cc you, so I'm posting info here. Hopefully, I'll hear something from Christian by the end of the day.

I'm still wondering if the un-install and re-install of the CodeMeter will fix the problem. However, I'll bite the bullet and wait for CM's response.

Be paitient, and try all the things that they tell you to. Always include a current copy of the text you get from running CmDust.exe after you've tried their suggested fix as it's the only way for them to diagnose the fault.

I was down for a long time this year, and in the end it turned out to be a faulty stick.

When all else fails eSim will make you whole again. Count on it! They're the best.