10 years after

Ravenn

It's the year 2029. The small but loyal cadre of steelbeasts lovers, who have purchased every upgrade over the years are old and grey now. Every armored vehicle known to man has now been fully modeled and incoporrated into the sim except for - the T-72. But Ssnake has assured us, the T-72 is on the list and, if we are patient, perhaps within the next two or three years, yes, a fully modeled T-72 will be offered. Of course, there is no guarantee, but we can always hope. :redface:

• Members

We're not deliberately delaying it. And I know that everybody - including me - would like to have it. Although I suspect that - once that it was actually there - a lot fewer people would play it two weeks after release than the vocal strength of its lobby group makes you think it would.

Nobody is volunatrily playing the Leo 1 these days. That is very telling with respect to player preferences. Most of you want the greatest and baddest ass of tank, and the T-72 actually isn't a badass. Like the Leo 1, it can punch but has a glass chin.

Hey, I really like the Leo1, and play using it quite often. The AI does rather less well unless it is very tightly scripted for shoot and scoot.

I find the purely independent ranging from the Peri is particularly useful. But you have to be more lucky and/or careful (or both).

We're not deliberately delaying it. And I know that everybody - including me - would like to have it. Although I suspect that - once that it was actually there - a lot fewer people would play it two weeks after release than the vocal strength of its lobby group makes you think it would.

Nobody is volunatrily playing the Leo 1 these days. That is very telling with respect to player preferences. Most of you want the greatest and baddest ass of tank, and the T-72 actually isn't a badass. Like the Leo 1, it can punch but has a glass chin.

Panzer is making a scenario with leopard 1s in it right now.

anyways, how would you know anything about what the community likes and doesn't, when you're never playing SB with them?

Maybe you should licence the Franchise to another developer ;) But I guess there aren't many developers knocking on your door for this franchise... unfortunately :( Clearly there doesn't seems to be any devotion to this "level" of tanksims anymore. (but the same could be said of other "deeper" game/sim genre lately as well)

Whoever would be able to make a decent WW2 tanksim like Panzer Elite on a 2009 level would slice out the whole market for himself right away - i just hope I will live to see Panzer Elite 2 and SB2 one day

Doens't SBPROpe already fulfill all your dreams?! Widely improved graphics, lot of new vehicles and features, why would you want a SB2 for?

:cul:

Personally, because I'm hoping SB2 will have what has been missing since SB1; Official NATO vs WP single missions and campaigns, French and British armor, rear-echelon vehicles like self-propelled artillery, transport trucks, Shilkas and Vulcans, command vehicles, and 3D crew.

And maybe an intro movie and cut-scenes too, lol.

Oh yeah, it'd be the best eye-candy to have animated suspension. It's nit-picking but I thought I'd mention it since nobody else has before.

Otherwise, my dreams of a high-fidelity M1 simulator that worked in WinXP was realized with SB1. SBProPE added to that, excellent high-res visuals (the M1 silhouette from SB1 really bothered me).

So....keep up the good work Al and team. I'm still with you guys..!

• Administrators

Pro PE has many of those things already, and nothing is stopping anyone from making NATO vs WP missions and campaigns (not sure what you have in mind but I would guess at least 50% of the SP missions are NATO vs WP.)

Personally, because I'm hoping SB2 will have what has been missing since SB1; Official NATO vs WP single missions and campaigns, French and British armor, rear-echelon vehicles like self-propelled artillery, transport trucks, Shilkas and Vulcans, command vehicles, and 3D crew.

And maybe an intro movie and cut-scenes too, lol.