challenger 1 or 2 mbt

RICH12ACE

It would be nice to see (me being another nagging Brit!) but I suppose that with the military being the primary target of SB Pro that we'll get what the military customers want.

....Maybe for SB2 (and an update for SB Pro)?

.....Pleeeaaaasssseeeee! :angel:

i'd like to see a challenger, i'd like to see an M60, i'd like to see a T-90, when are we going to see the T-55, is there ever gonna be a leclerc, is there gonna be more french vehicles? more british vehicles? any plans for korean vehicles?

can we have the chinese type 98, would be good for a chinese vs US scenario.

i want an M1A2 interior. i really want an M1A2 interior. can we see the M1A2?

how about the AAAVP7?

T-62? WW2 mod? vietnam mod? how about every one of the 100 vehicles that served in WW2?

to all this, i say: sure, keep them coming ;)

but i'm only 1 person, and so is Al. and it takes me 3 weeks to create 1 vehicle, 1.5 months to create an interior (optimistic) so you'll have to wait.

but i'm only 1 person, and so is Al. and it takes me 3 weeks to create 1 vehicle, 1.5 months to create an interior (optimistic) so you'll have to wait.

So hire more talent. There are plenty of talented modelers and coders out there. We just have to get eSim rich off of the current product set so you can afford them! :)

more leopards and LAV/strykers?

Yup. Leo C2 (with the up-armour package) Coyote (maybe someday to include the surv package) , LAV-III, Bison, TUA, GWagon C&R, and ADATS.

The fact that there are a lot of similarities to vehicles already in-game just makes it easier/quicker to add. ;)

Hell, I'd be happy to see the Canadian vehicles "defined" and then using Aussie models as temporary stand-ins until the "real" models were availible (at some later date) I care much less about model fidelity than I do user experience fidelity. Who cares if the Aussies have the spare tire on the wrong end and kept the marine drive? I care more that any Canadian LAVs have the proper reticules and FCS.

DG

Interiors are eye candy for me. I don't need them - just my gunner's view and commander's unbuttoned view. Hell, I don't even need to drive/gun any Sovbloc or Chinese vehicles at all!

I wouldn't mind seeing one of those new K-2 tanks, though. Damn sexy beasts they are.

i been a fight sim fan for years and when you see games like LOCK ON and IL2 pacific fightes and the GT LEGENDS car game and see the cockpits you can not beat good interiors! thats why i got the sb se sim it makes the game more real you need them.

I think esim could have some 3rd party help for free from the community, at least exterior models of various vehicles could be done by the community then coded into SB Pro PE by the devs. Just look how gorgeous some of Operation Flashpoint community-made tanks look and IL2 planes not made by their employees.

It would save resources and money in my opinion and help SB Pro/SB2 more diverse and successfull.

yeah we picked up a few guys here and there in the OFP community,

and various other communities.

most of them didn't last too long, being burnt out without working, school getting in the way, work getting in the way, etc.

we don't need 11 guys that can do 1 or 2 models here and there that needs 1 week of work each to get them in-game. dedicated team-members is much more sought after.

Deja...that's not community contribution - that's eSim staff qualifications. Big difference. What you do isn't black magic. There are many talented designers capable of rendering sufficiently detailed models. Whether they have the time, or commitment to do work as you do for eSim is not the point. And if it’s only a week’s work you have to polish as opposed to a month, that STILL makes good business sense.

If the model community was as prolific and easy to contribute to as the mapping or skin--modding ones, eSim would have access to more vehicles. It's a simple matter of man-hours.

Sure, eSim isn't a game company in the traditional sense. But MANY successful games and sims have used community contribution to their benefit. In fact...so has eSim. So what makes 3D models any different from maps or all the other work the Beta/QA team did?

• Members
Deja...that's not community contribution - that's eSim staff qualifications. Big difference.

Well, there's what most modders could do, and then there's what we would need so that we could actually put it to good use. Nobody is better off with a half-done model, or with just a LOD1 model, or one that is done, but without texture unwrapping.

A model that is 99% done is still 100% useless. This may be a bit hard to swallow for some, but it's exactly the way it is. This is not Raino's fault. Actually it's nobody's fault. It's just that if a contribution is supposed to be helpful, it also must be complete. Incomplete work will create as much extra work on our end that we could just as well start the work from scratch, and therefore we wouldn't touch it.

So are you saying that the specs you require are outside the range of user-prepared work? Or is it just that 1 week's worth of "fixing" is worse than 1 month of "from scratch" work?

I'm just curious as to what separates models from the other areas. If it's a technical issue that you can't/won't leave up to a contributor for business reasons, that makes sense to me. i.e. "This must meet XYZ criterea that we can't share."

It sure isn't because 3D modelling is some deep, dark secret. The talent pool is there, it just depends on what access they have. That seems to be the critical divide.