Write a Review?

Ssnake

• Members

SimHQ's attempts to write a review for SB Pro PE 2.460 have failed, several times. The staff voted it the best for-pay add-on in last year's game survey, yet a number of conditions and circumstances have prevented the completion of the review.

I guess that means that if we want to get the word out BEFORE the next upgrade, and if there is someone here with creative juices boiling, we have to do it ourselves. I have my reservations about this as this may be seen as bad journalistic practice. Then again, nobody knows the weaknesses of SB Pro better than those who play it on a daily basis. Finally, SimHQ repeatedly featured "reader reviews" that were labelled as such, so I'm sure they will welcome your submissions.

Never heard of SimHQ?

Here's their website: www.SimHQ.com

• Members

Actually, no. For one, I have confidence in the quality of SB Pro. Second, I want to separate ourselves as much as possible from the impression that we're ordering a piece of hagiography here, or that we would attempt to suppress unwelcome opinion. Obviously the mere fact that we're asking the regular visitors of this site already creates a bias towards a favorable review inasmuch as if you didn't like it, you would have ceased playing it long ago. You should however add a disclaimer that you participated in the development, and be it just writing a part of the manual.

Of course, I can't stop you from sending me emails, or putting me on a CC when you send it to SimHQ, but I would rather not see the impression created that you are waiting for our approval or anything. If you want me to proof-read it and check for factual errors, of course I'm not going to deny my help. But I'd prefer to avoid such a constellation, simply because it would create the wrong impression, and it would be impossible to refute such allegations.