Dräger

Determining Compass headings...

I'm having a bit of trouble sorting out my situational awareness, specifically determining which direction my turret/TC is scanning/viewing in relationship to the battlemap.

Basically, is there a compass I'm missing from the gunner/TC or observer view?

Example:

I'll see an enemy marked on map North of my current location, switch to TC view, and cannot determine which direction is North...

Thanks in advance!

Look at the tank clock, bottom right corner. If its up, its facing north. Theres also a gun indicator on the clock indicating what way the gun is facing.

Ok got it... I had the turret/hull relative facing ID'd, didnt make the connection with actual hull facing in relation to Compass headings, seems obvious now...

Look at the tank clock, bottom right corner. If its up, its facing north. Theres also a gun indicator on the clock indicating what way the gun is facing.

this does not work for troops in the beta:decu:

Nope. When it gets fixed, the troops have a dot indicating the direction they are facing. Theres also other dots there depending on the difficulty level selected, but I cant remember what they are exactly.

Seems this is a common thing people run into when they first start. I remember it took me a bit to figure it out. Perhaps one day a small "N" could be added to indicate north on the tank clock. Save some early frustration for new guys.

It would be nice to see a heading in Mils above or below the tank direction indicator. would help with realistic calls for fire.