Designating Targets from TC/LeoA25

Dräger

1. Doing the TC missions for the Leo A25.... not sure if it's part of the training(to get me to switch to gun control), but from the TCs position, after the first few targets are designated and destroyed, when at the TC position, my TC just stops talking to the gunner. I'm using the TIS screen, and hitting T(I see Target), my commander says nothing. BMPs and enemy tanks are in clear view at 12 oclock, no obstructions to the gun(terrain is flat and open) yet my gunner will NOT fire. And yes I"m in Fire at will mode, and I am executing the "Fire" command.

2. Also, am I switching back control correctly to the gunner. * button lets the TC control the gun, and P button hands control back over to gunner, is this correct? If so, I'll (*), swing the gun manually right onto a target, switch back control (P), Command "Fire", and my gunner still will NOT fire.

3. Why does the TC(when I'm in TC position) just randomly STOP giving verbal sighting reports?

4. What are the requirements/trigger for the commander to call out/designate targets verbally? From reading the Keyboard chart it seems to be T(I see Target). What exactly is the I(show target) buttons function? Is this a passive AI feature, or do I have to manually input a command for my TC to designate targets?

• Members
1. Doing the TC missions for the Leo A25.... not sure if it's part of the training(to get me to switch to gun control), but from the TCs position, after the first few targets are designated and destroyed, when at the TC position, my TC just stops talking to the gunner. I'm using the TIS screen, and hitting T(I see Target), my commander says nothing. BMPs and enemy tanks are in clear view at 12 oclock, no obstructions to the gun(terrain is flat and open) yet my gunner will NOT fire. And yes I"m in Fire at will mode, and I am executing the "Fire" command.

Maybe it's me, but I'm not sure from your description in which position YOU are in and what you expect from the computer controlled crew. Presuming that you are in the TC's spot. The T/I key is irrelevant here, it's only for the gunner to tell the commander the detection/acquisition of a target to prevent him from overriding while you try to line up the target in your sight - or, I key, to tell the commander that you cannot identify the target which he just designated to you.

As the commander, use the override key (arrow up/joystick hat up) while aiming at the target with the peri (daysight) or TIM (thermal monitor) until the turret has rotated on target. The gunner should now report "Identified!". Release the override (P/cancel/middle mouse button), then hit the space bar to give the fire command. The gunner should then engage the target unless it is a friendly unit or the selected ammunition cannot achieve an at least minimal effect on the target (did you have the coax selected?).