Skin Request (dejawolf...)

Hackworth

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Request:

Would some of you incredibly talented individuals pleeease do the new, Danish desert camo Leo 2A5DK? It looks the business, I promise!

http://www.danskpanser.dk/Artikler/Forberedelserne_er_det_halve_arbejde.htm

Not a Leo, no, but this is a better pic of the colours

http://www.danskpanser.dk/images/Recovery_21stor.jpg

and here...scroll 2/3 down...a Leo and an M113G3 (yeah, go right ahead and do that one too :biggrin:)

http://www.danskpanser.dk/Nyheder/nyheder01.htm

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've checked out the SB models on your site Deja, and they look awesome! It seems to me that your original models + skins that you made were of higher quality + poligon count than the ones that were released. Any chance you are going to release the originals to the public?

no, its just that the way SB renders the models sucks. the textures are exactly the same.

no shadows for one. barely any light.. also a minus.

in most of the renders i utilized something called a "skylight"

i'm currently messing around with Vray, which gives results like this:

tunguskaVraytest.jpg

which is a mix of specularity, fresnel, skylight, direct Vray light, radiosity, and reflections.

these are all dynamic effects that, no matter how much you work on a diffuse, can never attain a similar level of visual fidelity.

no, its just that the way SB renders the models sucks. the textures are exactly the same.

no shadows for one. barely any light.. also a minus.

in most of the renders i utilized something called a "skylight"

i'm currently messing around with Vray, which gives results like this:

which is a mix of specularity, fresnel, skylight, direct Vray light, radiosity, and reflections.

these are all dynamic effects that, no matter how much you work on a diffuse, can never attain a similar level of visual fidelity.

:( Too bad - but if you look at the current model + skin of the M88 it just looks awesome. I dont know what has been changed in the modelling, but that little baby looks just right - if only the other models + skins could be up to that level.

:( Too bad - but if you look at the current model + skin of the M88 it just looks awesome. I dont know what has been changed in the modelling, but that little baby looks just right - if only the other models + skins could be up to that level.

i changed the texture resolution to 1024x1024, over the older 512x512, which allows for 4x sharper texture.

• 1 month later...