Hackworth

Skin Request (dejawolf...)

Leo 2A5 GE in 3-color

I have the LEO 2A5 template but the earth and black layers are missing so the unit is only in basic green. I am trying to add the 3-color layers with mixed results. Does anyone have a 3-color template for the 2A5 GE? I updated the rear drive sprocket and removed some of the mud.

Image1.jpg

Is the new BMP-2 template available somewhere? Does anybody have it?

I'm pretty certain the one available in the downloads section fits the current model.

On 3/12/2018 at 6:18 AM, Splash said:

I'm pretty certain the one available in the downloads section fits the current model.

Thanks indeed - I have overlooked it in the download section.

i was curious to see how it would look- the problem with removing armored skirts is that there is typically a stark contrast effect around the tracks- more apparent at lower angles. i suppose it's a matter of whether it's tolerable if the general appearance

not having the skirts is still preferred.

SS_11_59_19.png

SS_12_02_13.png

If you remove the skirt does it reduce the armour protection against CE rounds (RPG, HEAT, HESH, etc.) like it should, or is it just a cosmetic change?

55 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

If you remove the skirt does it reduce the armour protection against CE rounds (RPG, HEAT, HESH, etc.) like it should, or is it just a cosmetic change?

Just cosmetic. You are simple fooling with a 2D texture that allows transparency. 

1 hour ago, Captain_Colossus said:

SS_12_00_22.png

What's the track texture on the Shot? Maybe I can fix that overly large transparent part. I 

if i understand what you're looking at, that is, the section of the track above the third road wheel, i don't think it's showing up as transparent- i think it happens to

look that way in that screenshot because of some quirk of the lighting engine or LOD detail rendered that way at that particular angle, i don't recall seeing it consistently. the most consistent part that might be annoying are parts of the track look highlighted when they are normally hidden from view- maybe they can be compensated by using a darker palette, but i'm not sure.

A user named norrin was down this road before you. 

He seemed to have solved some of the issues relating to the tracks -- judging from his last screenshot -- (plus painted some faux return rollers) but appears to have abandoned the forums since.