10 Years of Steel Beasts Anniversary

Ssnake

• Members

eSim Games to celebrate "10 Years of Steel Beasts" anniversary

Mountain View, CA, April 21st, 2010.

Software developer eSim Games, LLC announced today a special offer leading up to August 21, the release date of the original Steel Beasts simulation game in 2000.

"As a big thank you to our supporters, and an invitation to new players, the price for SB Pro PE will be reduced by $25.- for the next three months," announced eSim Games' marketing director, Nils Hinrichsen. "A copy of Steel Beasts Professional PE will now cost just $100.- until we release the next upgrade on August 21st."

"I want to express our gratitude for the loyalty and encouragement of the whole Steel Beasts community," eSim Games' president Al Delaney said. "We've had countless suggestions for improvements, crucial help with testing, kind words, and even a number of volunteers over the past years to help us demonstrate our software at various exhibitions. The official fan site was founded by fans, and is still maintained to a large degree by volunteers. We want to thank the reviewers, the bloggers and anyone who helped to spread the word that a simulation of combined-arms combat tactics actually is a serious challenge - and quite fun at the same time."

About "Steel Beasts"

"Steel Beasts" is a virtual simulation of combined arms combat tactics ranging from the individual crew position up to battalion level. The prime focus of Steel Beasts is tactical training at company team level for armored and mechanized units. In addition, the classroom version supports basic and advanced gunnery training for the main battle tanks Leopard 1, Leopard 2, M1A1 "Abrams", and the M2/M3A2 "Bradley" infantry fighting vehicle. Also artillery observer / indirect fire direction training is offered. "Steel Beasts" is being used by the armies of Austria, Australia, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, and Sweden.

About eSim Games

eSim Games, LLC, is a developer of training software and serious games with a focus on armored and mechanized combat tactics. The company headquarters are located in Mountain View, California. An additional office is located in Hannover, Germany.

For more information, please contact:

eSim Games, LLC

Alexander Delaney

PO Box 654

Aptos, CA 95001

Comments@eSimGames.com

Edited by Ssnake
Fixed a typo etc.

Happy birthday !

And thx Al & Nils, for keeping SB alive & kicking during such a long period.

10 years ! Truly exceptional !

Also, hooray, what a nice surprise for us:

until we release the next upgrade on August 21st."

Best regards, Koen

An additional office is located in Hannover, Germany.

In Nils' Living room. :biggrin:

Yay!

10 years of top notch software development.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it EA.

(I think I personally have been on the forums 6 years and had SB ver 2.0 (Pedantically 2.483 now) for 2 years.)

Anyway yeah, SB Pro PE beats the living crap out of AF3 and M1TP2, anyday. And gameplay/tactics wise, even the Arma series, but I couldn't say, as my only experience is through JCOVE.

Any info on what is in the included update, or am i asking a stupid question?

Waaaaaaaaayyy too early for that kind of stuff. If its indeed getting released in Aug then I wouldn't look for any real details before late June. Thats just the way it is. Something to ponder as we plod along behind our lawn mowers... "Whats in the new update?..."

Ever Patient,

Mog

Besides, you need allow time for the prerequisite "we want a crewable T-72" threads to turn up beforehand. :D

Not to mention the "we need an M1A2 or a Challenger" ones as well :debile2:

I wonder what would come on this package. Maybe we could have a Centauro? ;)

Hopefully not a silly question; is the the next update free, or $25 (or whatever price)? And is it likely that you will offer a special 'earlybird' deal with the next update? ....or is it too soon to say?!

Happy Anniversary, keep up the good work!

• Members
is the the next update free, or $25 (or whatever price)?

Yes, we will charge for it, but the price has not been determined yet. I don't expect a dramatic deviation from last time though.

And is it likely that you will offer a special 'earlybird' deal with the next update?

Yes, that is quite likely. :)

• 4 weeks later...