One CL3143 sabot kills two BRDMs

Stanny

Hi all,

I have just had an absolutely exciting shot in Leopard 2E tutorials.

TC designated a BRDM for me and ordered to fire a CL3143 sabot as I ran out of HEATs. I fired the round and at the time of it's flight another BRDM was passing a little behind the targeted BRDM.

In the result sabot penetrated and killed the first BRDM and other BRDM was killed behind it immediately.

Has anybody seen such incredible performance of Leo sabot rounds not in tutorials but in missions or instant action?

Hi, Stanny,

Good shot! That's how you score 200% in gunnery: two kills for one round expended.

It's happened to me twice: once with two PC's and once (for "honest to goodness for real!") against two Hind helicopters. The scenario was "Cavalry to the Rescue," wherein a flurry of Hinds attacks your M1 section as you hurry to help a group of Bradleys. I took a sabot shot at one Hind and, just before impact, another flew directly behind the target. Result? Two Hinds for one sabot! I immediately rushed out and bought a lottery ticket, but it seems that all my luck for that day was expended on "the shot!" :)

By the way is there any difference between muzzle velocities and other ballistics of DM53 and CL3143 rounds?

The matter is that after I switched from Leo2A5 to Leo 2E I have got a strong feeling that those Israeli sabots are flying faster. :)