SB Pro PE 2.5x - News

Ssnake

Ssnake, it becomes better and better!

While I served in the Luftwaffe as a conscript, the only somehow armoured vehicle I saw was a Wiesel 2 (maybe part of an Ozelot-team).

It's good to see, the Wiesel is very agile in SB also. I wanted it and now it's there!

I also like the T-72M4!

Edit:

The Ural-fuel is nice and really needed.

I think I saw a similar former NVA-version of a Ural-Derivate at the supermarket two weeks ago. The owner had blocked many parking spaces. :D

Love it!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dam I think you're right :( just thought we might have a fast jet target for the AA equipment.

If it's any consolation I thought the same as you at first. ;)

You never know, it might be a jet but the resolution isn't too clear to make it out properly.

• Members
how much of an impact will the snow be for driving and troop mobility?

The snow cover is just that, a visual effect. You still need to set the mobility properties like traction and drag to appropriate values. This is to be done in the terrain theme editor where you have a checkbox "is snow" which then activates a slider where you can set the snow height from 0 to 120cm or so. You can also set whether all roads or just major roads (or none at all) are free of snow. The snow height will gradually change from the edges of a terrain so that there won't be "steps" in the general appearance.

I don't believe there's a difference in thermal imager in the real one.

It was always a source of some despair for me that despite the GPS/TIS unit being an easily removed module that when we replaced it due to defect, we always got the same, old, type back in. I guess just nobody in Congress decided to fund an upgrade. It's not until you get to the M1A1 AIM (SA), which is only being fielded in the last year or two that you have an improvement in the thermal sight.

NTM

I don't believe there's a difference in thermal imager in the real one.

It was always a source of some despair for me that despite the GPS/TIS unit being an easily removed module that when we replaced it due to defect, we always got the same, old, type back in. I guess just nobody in Congress decided to fund an upgrade. It's not until you get to the M1A1 AIM (SA), which is only being fielded in the last year or two that you have an improvement in the thermal sight.

NTM

Is the current TIS view in the game one with the "improved" quality?

I vaguely guessed it is and that was the reason I was asking for availability of "worse" TIS view in early M1

Hi Ssnake,

I currently have the latest version of SB Pro PE, but before installing the new 2.5x update I'm thinking of doing a complete re-installation and starting fresh due to file and mod changes etc.

How far back do I need to go to begin the installation? Should I install 2.370 (beta), then 2.483 followed by 2.5x or is there a quicker (or better) route involving the new update?

Cheers!

Quagmire

Is the current TIS view in the game one with the "improved" quality?

I vaguely guessed it is and that was the reason I was asking for availability of "worse" TIS view in early M1

No, the version in the SA is the FLIR as found in the A2SEP. Closer to the TC's screen on the Leo2A6.

NTM

Well the quickest would be to buy a brand new full copy of 2.5x and start from scratch, then you wouldn’t need to worry about patches (mind you not the cheapest option).

If the 2.5x patch is cumulative then it could be quite quick anyway - not having to worry about previously purchased upgrades etc.