SB Anti-Frustration Kit (Newbie Guide)

Hell_Hound

Under tactics/don't lose the head.. GPS and/Or TIS can come back online? Never seen it.

Don't know how to describe it.. but I (and others) have taken a hit, or going thru woods, and all of a sudden the GPS goes black and no TIS.. I have left the tank, then returned later to find it all back.. I think it is a type of shock that occurs, but if the Ballistic Computor is not damaged.. this has and does occur.. Seen it many times..

:) Ls

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying SB and setting the realism on Low is like buying a Ferrari so you can sit in it and listen to the radio. :)

I have one of Jeremy Apocalypse Clarkson's videos, in which he drives/reviews the F40.. As the camera pans around...

"Allow me to show you the luxury accoutrements of the Ferrari F40. Air conditioning. No. Radio, No. Carpets No. Interior door panels. No. Electric windows. No. Basically, all this car is, is four wheels, a steering wheel, two bucket seats, a 3 litre V-12 twin turbocharged engine... and nothing else"

So, SB realism must be set for 'high' since the other doesn't exist.. :-)

NTM

• Members

Under tactics/don't lose the head.. GPS and/Or TIS can come back online? Never seen it.

Don't know how to describe it.. but I (and others) have taken a hit, or going thru woods, and all of a sudden the GPS goes black and no TIS.. I have left the tank, then returned later to find it all back.. I think it is a type of shock that occurs, but if the Ballistic Computor is not damaged.. this has and does occur.. Seen it many times..

:) Ls

In that case, it's a BUG. Shouldn't happen. Are you really, really sure about it?

(Because, IF you are, we will spend some time to locate and fix that bug, and if it turns out to be a waste of time, it could delay the release of SB2 and everybody would hate you for it (and rightfully so :mad: - j/k ;) )

Nevertheless, this warrants action if it actually is true.)

Maybe the stab went, and the TIS was just looking at sky?

NTM

No.. Black, but because of what Ssnake said, I will make it my mission to find out exactly how and when this event happens.. and relay that infomation back..

Also, will keep eye out for unit transfers when one drops or guits game.. As this happens to me .. as CoA alot with the 56k connections to my hosting..

Stand-by for report...

Ls :casstet:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It could be millenia before I get a chance to look into it, never mind test it.

Could you write something describing the setup process (even if it's butt-simple) and I'll drop that into the Goodies section of the AFK?

I'd love to do this myself, but am going to be busy for the next couple weeks and when I get to the computer in the evening I won't feel like working anymore. :D

Note that the "New to SteelBeasts?" link has been changed; it's now the 4th link from the top, and

is now called "AntiFrustration Kit". It's also available at http://www.jfahy.net/SteelBeasts/SBafkwelcome.htm

Download Battlecom at http://www.battlecom.org/pub/free/bfc_client_v132.exe

Start the installation and the setup wizard will guide you through the set up and configure

itself.

Start Battlecom.exe

in the top toolbar you will have four menues to choose from; Host,Join,Test and Find.

One have to Host the talk:

HOST:

1:name your sever (what your session will be called).

2:Your IP will show, copy it and tell the others the IP.

3: Choose max nr of talkers and password if you feel.

4: Just follow the other commands that follows.

5: making up teamconnex just right click the folder thats existing.

6: arrange your teams.

7: FIRE AWAY.

JOIN:

1: Press Join.

2: Type the Hosts IP.

3: there you go.

TIPS.

In Volume folder, press "PUSH TO TALK" and choose a hotkey. This allows the other

players not to hear your heavy breathing and your dirty words.

Choose your sound quality Settings/Properties/Communication/Compressionsettings.

hy nice site.

i viewed the skiner part in the goodies page and it not acuret.

since V1.4: -you dont have to overight older versions if it your first use.

so no new user needs V1.2.

since V1.3: - add skin was removed and no longer needed, just add the folder.

ather then that everything is OK.

• 2 weeks later...
... the default realism and difficulty settings are "high", ... I think that both in "medium" settings are adequate.
AFAIK there is no "medium" setting, only "high" and "low" for difficulty and realism.

I know that changing the difficulty level adjust enemy response times, but what is the difference between "high" and "low" reality? I have seen no notion about some functions being automated in "low" reality setting...

Cheers

Olle

• Members
... the default realism and difficulty settings are "high", ... I think that both in "medium" settings are adequate.
AFAIK there is no "medium" setting, only "high" and "low" for difficulty and realism.
Look again. You can cycle through them by repeated clicking.
I know that changing the difficulty level adjust enemy response times, but what is the difference between "high" and "low" reality? I have seen no notion about some functions being automated in "low" reality setting...
It's a matter of little helpers, e.g. a bearing indicator for target reference points, a crosshair to indicate the gun direction when overriding in the M1, the red laser star on the map when lasing some ground to help orient yourself etc.

Should be covered in the FAQ.

It's a matter of little helpers, e.g. a bearing indicator for target reference points, a crosshair to indicate the gun direction when overriding in the M1, the red laser star on the map when lasing some ground to help orient yourself etc.

Should be covered in the FAQ.

Should be. :)

Isn't. :o:( :mad:

Will be. :D

Yep, it's the first item in the Installation section, complete with a screenshot showing where the phantom check boxes are.

I have no idea how civilization functioned before the Print Screen key. Alt-Print Screen belongs up there with fire and the printing press on the list of fantastic inventions. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sparfell

About vocal communication, TeamSpeak is also a real blast. It's freeware, and has much more functionnalities than RW or Battlecom :o. Like Battlecom, one of the player has to host the session (with the dedicated server version), or it can even be on any remobte controlled computer. Also, a useful manual is provided. See for yourself : http://www.teamspeak.org :D.

• 3 weeks later...

After a lot of practice I've finally started to kick the AI around...but, there's one little annoying thing - the soddin' TC is soooooo hooked up about engaging infantry at 3km when there's armour just over a ridge. Now, my manual is some 2000km to the south of where I am, so I might be asking a question it would answer...but, is there a key to press to tell the TC to stop wasting my time with the bleeding infantry that can't hurt me and concentrate on the T-80 that can? :casstet:

If not, I would be one happy git if it was added to SB2.....

I believe if you hit 'E' you buy yourself a couple of seconds. The TC won't bother you while you engage the target for long enough that you will either get the bad guy or the bad guy will get you.

Elsewhere on this site there's a PDF, I think it's in the download section, that has a keyboard map. If I've made a mistake and it's not the 'E' key after all, the PDF should tell you which key it is.

Shot

Thanks for the heads-up. I was a really happy little monkey when I figured out that I didn't need to bring the CD around with my laptop all the time....kinda forgot the manual and all :casstet:

...another hate-issue is the laptop keyboard - the Function key is on the left side with most of the essential keys on the right side. But, that's the price to pay to be able to play wherever I am, I guess... but I sure do miss the option to configure those keys. :D I wish I woke up tomorrow with SB2 in my hands...