SB Pro PE 2.538 - Parts 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Posted and Rel Notes

Sean

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
eMail sync is taking forever, and I already heard that there is no breakthrough, so don't expect anything for today. I'm sorry.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

eMail sync is taking forever, and I already heard that there is no breakthrough, so don't expect anything for today. I'm sorry.

Perhaps you guys should announce a new release date. That way it will give you time to test everything beforehand and it will stop all of us spending time here waiting for news.

Alternatively, could we not upgrade the same way we did with 2.460? That was a paid upgrade too. Perhaps link it to the final exe file. That would also give ample time to get the licence server working before the next update is available.

Just a thought... ;)

A previous backup would be on one of countless external drives that are either:

a: Not unpacked yet.

b: Still in storage.

The CD is no doubt in storage too.

So its a case of going without or rummaging through a bunch of boxes, no doubt finding it just as the last piece of the upgrade is posted here, hard choice.

Sorry if I was closer I'd lend you mine. In fact if I copied one on my disks up to some shared space could that help (just download and install)?

Do you want me to do a bit of a rummage myself?

So its a case of going without or rummaging through a bunch of boxes, no doubt finding it just as the last piece of the upgrade is posted here, hard choice.

Sorry if I was closer I'd lend you mine. In fact if I copied one on my disks up to some shared space could that help (just download and install)?

Do you want me to do a bit of a rummage myself?

Thanks for the offer Mark, but like you say it would be sod's law - just as I get it all running the new version arrives! ;)

I'm heading over to the storage place at the weekend so may look for it while I'm there - one disc somewhere in 40+ boxes... Sounds like fun. :)

Cheers anyway mate!

Quagmire

Well the “rummage“ wasn’t that hard, I have my 2.460 disc in front of me.

I guess you have the patches to bring that up to 2.483?

Yep, but on the same external drives...

I might head over there tomorrow and retrieve them along with the disks. Give me something to do this Bank Holiday. :)

Well the store at least seems to be “up” (at least now you can place a back order).

Unsure if we should do this now or wait advice from Ssnake / Sean?

(Edit): I went ahead and spent my money anyway. :D

Also I intend to get a fresh printed manual too. I'm presuming that is not included in the posted DVD package?

I understand the preferred path is order the single upgrade first and then follow up with any secondary license upgrades?

Also does the store being “up” mean that the required firmware upgrade for the USB dongles is available too?

I doubt it as Sean and Ssnake have been posting here throughout the previous 15 pages and have consistently “announced” the URL’s here before they went up on the web site.

Indeed if you look back a few pages Ssnake was intending to send a newsletter out announcing when the first part would be up.

It is however a pretty fluid situation and almost anything is possible.

Anyway once the single license upgrade was processed, I went back and ordered the DVD and manual.

All I need to do know is update the secondary licenses (and of course download part 1). :)

Hello all,

Sean will post part 1 as soon as he is able - please be patient, it is coming together but there are a lot of moving parts that have to be coordinated.

Understood.

I’m sure you guys want to get this out the door, sooner rather than later too (but in a working condition).

Just trying to get all the prelim admin out of the way first. :)

Once part 1 is up I’ll download and ensure its happy (i.e. the new license works) then I’ll email you guys about the secondary licenses.

The newest User's Manual that I have says: Copyright 1996-2009. Is there one newer than this?

Thanks!

Well if its in your hand its “old” (i.e. pre 2.538) as there is a new one for 2.538.

I just ordered the new book and the DVD so I didn’t need to cross reference my old manual with the 2.538 release notes.

No doubt there’s a pdf version on the disk but I enjoy a book (to read while on the plane or whenever pdf’s aren’t available).