Bugreports 2.538

Grenny

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we add troops (insurgents) to civi cars as was mentioned by Snake? Did this feature not make it in?

Also had Duplicated damage report with the Charley 2, had two reports for stabilization, one with a repair time one without.

All the walls are the same size? Was thinking we had different sizes or am I thinking about the Terrestan map?

• Members
How do we add troops (insurgents) to civi cars as was mentioned by Snake? Did this feature not make it in?

They are there by default, no need to add anything. You will have to assign "troops" damage if you don't want them

All the walls are the same size? Was thinking we had different sizes or am I thinking about the Terrestan map?

Nope there are walls with different height (and thickness).

• Moderators
Not sure if this is a bug, but when one of my M60's got hit the damage indicator in the top right lists 2 Laser Range Finders.

I don't know if the M60 has two of them (one for redundancy?), so thought I would mention it. See screen below.

Q

Yes, as Ssnake said it was a bug that we thought we fixed. However, it has no effect on game play other than being annoying to see two identical damages for it. :(

Not sure if this is a bug, but when one of my M60's got hit the damage indicator in the top right lists 2 Laser Range Finders.

I don't know if the M60 has two of them (one for redundancy?), so thought I would mention it. See screen below.

Q

That bug also affects the new crewable M1 plain jane.

• Moderators

Also had Duplicated damage report with the Charley 2, had two reports for stabilization, one with a repair time one without.

Duplicate stab damage is correct. The repairable kind is new, it is when a vehicle gets a non penetrating heavy impact that throws the gyros out of sync and does other things that need to be corrected in one minute of idle time. Think of it as kind of a shock effect of sorts if you are hit very nicely without a penetration. The non reparable stab damage is permanent, from a penetrating hit on an inner component that has stab properties, such as a computer or the gyros themselves.

Now, whether the repairable stab damage should never visually show up in the damage list if the non repairable kind is already present is another story, but again, it has no effect on game play if they both happen other than listing it twice and being mildly annoying.

• Moderators
Not sure if a bug. I had several vehicles stuck. This was on the new Hannover_autumn map.

Not a bug. You are sitting in what looks like a swamp/bog. Change the theme or paint over the swamp/bog or change its properties. The "thing" about maps is, you never know what the designer did on the theme. My guess is traction is very low on whatever terrain type you are sitting in because hardness seems to be very low as well. Some themes might require slight adjustments now too as traction plays a better role in, well, getting vehicles stuck now.

there seams to be some audio issues with the Leo2 and a some others units. I have noticed that the engine sounds on a number of units is very choppy especially when following tight roads and the units have to speed up and slow down a lot the sound tracks seem to just randomly restart with a split second between each loop. I only tested with the leo and aslav , but I can also hear it from other players units too, not a big issue, but kills the immersion factor.

also I think others saw and heard the issue the the sound glitch for the centuro and m88 I toasted in last nights TGIF. Not sure what was happening with the units exactly, but it looked like the m88 had just started hitching the centuro when I hit it with a sabot, then I hit the m88 and again the centuro, a few seconds after the flames and sound got stuck in a loop, audible from many km away,

- Not Centauro tutorial !!!

Pls upload it to the "Downloads".

- In "Tank Range" don´t work (can´t open) "PiranhaIIIc- AGL" and "Eagle IV - Lemur cal.50"

How making them palyable ?

Salu2

PD firs I install DVD 2.328 (clean install) and over last 2.538 ver. ---> It´s correct ?

• Members

No Centauro tutorials are available at this point. It's still "work in progress", similar to the CV90/35 in SB Pro PE 2.460.

The Tank Range problem is known, but can't be changed on short notice.

No. You can (and should) install 2.538 with NO version of SB Pro PE present, as explicitly stated in the opening paragraphs of the release notes.

2 LRF on the M1A1HA are damaged

Also in the same mission I noticed that infantry from the Cav version of the Brad were firing AT weapons at infantry in buildings, and infantry just leaving buildings. Not sure if it was a bug, but it was pretty interesting to see.

Edit: Just noticed the duplicate damage reports were mentioned already

Edit 2: I have been noticing a tendency for AI units to fire through smoke, the AI infantry and tank commanders I have seen this most with. This happens with or without NVGs on the firing units. They have been able to get accurate shots off with AT and HMG weapons through multiple layers of smoke.

SS_17_06_57_rar.f1735ecd42a1ca02577cd8e2

SS_17_06_57.rar

Edited by TankHunter

Ok, do not know if this had been reported before, dont know if it happened in last version before this,(will have to test it out on my desktop since only my laptop has the latest til dvd gets here) but here it goes - I make a platoon of 4 m1a1, then divide them, i make the 2 and 3 tanks tanks with mine plows. i then reattach the units together. soon as i test or run the scenerio, the 1 and 4 tanks are the ones with the mine plows and not the two i designated, on the editor it shows the graphics for the 1 and 4 tanks as mine plow tanks, but in the options, only the 2 and 3 tanks have the mine plow selected. will post update once wife is done with my desktop and i can test it there see if it does it on previous version

ok hope u can see the pics,

first pic is when i made the tanks plow tanks, before testing,

second pic is in scenerio, notice have 1 tank selected and it has the mine plow, notice in third picture, now the one and four tanks show as having the plow, however, as u can see in pics 4 and 5, it shouldnt be like that.

ok edit number one: gonna have to do some more extensive testing, i tried a fresh sce on 2.46 didnt do it, did fresh one on 2.53, didnt do it again, just on that one scenerio, so now will see what is the deal with it.

SS_14_43_11.jpg.e0cf488e18ad302139b6b8de

SS_14_45_03.jpg.ce1c8ff2a19103953367df29

SS_14_48_22.jpg.762bda7a4876aec1b400ec60

SS_14_48_37.jpg.5ab04d29877d8485b6ff35f8

SS_14_48_46.jpg.ab4dc0f459c5b206b2433fce

SS_14_43_11.jpg.e0cf488e18ad302139b6b8de

SS_14_45_03.jpg.ce1c8ff2a19103953367df29

SS_14_48_22.jpg.762bda7a4876aec1b400ec60

SS_14_48_37.jpg.5ab04d29877d8485b6ff35f8

SS_14_48_46.jpg.ab4dc0f459c5b206b2433fce

Edited by RENEGADE-623

Ren,

Migrating mineplows in platoons that are split and then re-attached has been an issue for a while now.

If you can experiment with it and find some rhyme or reason as to which vehicle gets the swap, that might be helpful.

Anyway, it can get a bit more weird than just having the kit move from one tank to another.

attachment.php?attachmentid=7347&d=1247626801

1) I've had the new old M1 get permanently stuck in concrete barriers couple of times when the 3D model looks like it is a meter or so away from the barrier. And while it is stuck, the gun also sways sideways, which makes aiming impossible, until you cut off the engine. Then you can aim again. Ramming the tank with another could not displace the M1 from the barrier. I have a screenshot of this one but it's on the laptop. I can post it later if you think it's of any value.

2) I have had CV90/40-B get permanently stuck in an old two storey building (the greenish one, not the dark brown) while driving backwards.

That's all I have found. I have to say it's actually unbelievable how few bugs and issues this sim has got. Play any other sim out there and you see what I mean. SB Pro is truly mature software (as one would expect).

Edited by Superbus
typos

2) I have had CV90/40-B get permanently stuck in an old two storey building (the greenish one, not the dark brown) while driving backwards.

I can’t comment on the first point, especially considering the gap you talk about, but relatively light AFVs aren’t meant to be able to be able to drive through (forwards or backwards) largish buildings without getting damaged (if not “stuck” then one or more systems smashed).

The lighter the vehicle, the less likely such a move would be successful, at least in “Real Life”. Perhaps you are just encountering some sort of “chance of immobilisation” routine reflecting the chance of throwing a track, falling into a cellar, etc.

I’m not saying such a routine exists but I wouldn’t be surprised.

Bulldozers are better at demolishing buildings (they are designed to do it) than relatively light vehicles like a CV90 or even something like an M1.

relatively light AFVs aren’t meant to be able to be able to drive through (forwards or backwards) largish buildings without getting damaged

Makes sense. However, it would make more sense to the player, if some damage would be applied to the vehicle when it gets stuck like that. In both cases the vehicles were ok. It certainly looked to me as if getting stuck that way was not intentional. Maybe this is just a feedback issue. Some kind of a "you are stuck - as you should, for driving around so carelessly" -message for drivers like myself?