Ideas list

Hedgehog

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ssnake, any chance you'll comment on some of these? :)

Civilians and their vehicles.

Combatants who look like civilians.

T-55s.

3rd & 4th sides.

Revamped urban scenario design.

Road wheels that go up and down. <-- I'm kidding!

I'll wait patiently for years if you'll just spill the beans!

• Members

Most of it will depend on the outcomes of a conference that we'll have in June. I can confirm that we have T-55 models among our artwork stockpile; we're working on removing the current bottleneck of 3D model integration into the code so that we can at least semi-automatize the process.

• 2 weeks later...

Ssnake, just one more thing for the list:

The UH-60M Blackhawk. Given the minimalist implementation of helicopters, I'm imagining (dangerous, I know) that it would be an easy addition.

The Blackhawk would add a tremendous amount of ambiance for American (and other)battlefields.

I would leave the blackhawk down situations to special forces. They are much more mobile and trained for combat search and rescue, small arms tactics and pilot extraction then tanks or armored vehicles are. Unless there is medium to heavy armored resistance offcourse. And by the way the chinooks or heuy,s are good enough for troop insertion/extraction are they not?

I was developing a Yugoslavia scenario awhile back and had made a wishlist. The idea was to be simple and effective and not go for the gusto.

Add/change map objects:

- Darker water (currently is too light blue - needs to be much darker).

- Fences (two types - traditional boards and wire).

- Utility lines (traditional type rural/urban type, not high tension/HV).

- Add pre-made city blocks as objects - would include buildings, courtyard, sidewalks and pavement all around. Three types - one for Western Europe, one for Eastern Europe, one for Middle East.

- Add broken-down car as object.

- Add burned-out car as object.

- On the current set of rural objects (houses, barns), add some junk around them - old crates and scrap.

- Add bombed-out two-story building as object. Infantry should be able to go inside it.

Dynamic object additions:

- Large HE impacting ground creates craters (can just be a flat visual object - doesn't have to penetrate ground).

New units:

- MANPAD infantry element - choice of Stinger or SA-14 (maybe RBS70 for the Swedes).

- Avenger (Hummer + Stinger).

- Tunguska. Shouldn't be so hard - missile is SACLOS-type. Radar can be emulated.

- Make T-55 available (I hear it is already included in non-public version?). Maybe have two types - original clunker and modernized with bra, laser rangefinder and ATGM.

Add non-mobile installations in mission edit (not map edit):

- Fixed ZSU-23 in small berm.

- Guard tower (HMG mounted).

- Crates with camo netting overhead.

- Round sandbag installation with MG, HMG and/or AGL.

• 3 weeks later...
Blackhawks could insert/extract troops, and otherwise be integrated into scenario objectives. And yes, Red will be shooting them down.

Crash sites could be objectives... :)

chinooks can insert/extract more troops than a blackhawk, and also insert small vehicles such as an M113 or humvees.

and anyways, troop insertion doesn't work with helicopters in SB.

I have any easy one - I think - I would like to be able to change skins/sky in the mission editor.

A slightly harder one - when a vehicle is knocked out I would like to see whats left of the crew placed on the map.

And the one we all want - weather/night effects added.

Last - since the AI is not quite there yet as far as avoiding rivers/boulders etc. I personally would rather see all units just slowed down by these obstacles instead of getting stuck.

Mark

I think it would be nice to get the PC's and dismounts working together. I hate it when computer controlled PC's run off and leave their dismounts, or when a PC get's hit and the infantry just sit's there. Plus I'd like to see the option to set number of tubes for pre plotted artillery strikes.

Also - is there any way that at the end of a mission, the game could be saved, then imported back into the mission editor in its current state ?

That would give us the ability design the next mission around the situation left by the previous one.

Ie: like a continuous user made campaign - I don't think this can be done now.

Mark

chinooks can insert/extract more troops than a blackhawk, and also insert small vehicles such as an M113 or humvees.

and anyways, troop insertion doesn't work with helicopters in SB.

Granted. But Blackhawks are ubiquitous in American operations, and their absence is conspicuous for American themed scenarios.

Granted. But Blackhawks are ubiquitous in American operations, and their absence is conspicuous for American themed scenarios.

well as its a AI vehicle only there is nobody stopping you from creating the 3D model of a blackhawk, collect all needed info and submit it to Esimgames and they can add it in the game in a few years from now.

/KT

Also - is there any way that at the end of a mission, the game could be saved, then imported back into the mission editor in its current state ?

That would give us the ability design the next mission around the situation left by the previous one.

Ie: like a continuous user made campaign - I don't think this can be done now.

Mark

Thats an idea I like.... +1!

-More detail for the damage in the AAR. Instead of just light/heavy damage, immobilized, comm damage, crew casualties and destroyed, use the component damage list seen on the top right of the view screen during a mission. Also say why the unit has been destroyed eg: ammo hit.

I love picking through these details for hours.

-Show sprites for visible crew members such as unbuttoned crew, through windows or sitting in a jeep. This is so you can see where they are and if you've hit them (they fall down or disappear when hit would be nice).

-Up the max visible render range to 10km, tanks can engage each other past 6km in some cases. It would hit your system hard but having the option there would be good.