Throwing in the towel.

Apocalypse 31

i remember back in the days.. back in the pre-beta of SB pro PE when the roadwheels did not rotate, and the tracks did not move.. it was a big day when they finally did.

that might be part of the issue here Deja. Not enough people remember the "before times" and the "long, long ago" -- the fact there is an "old forum"...

Oooooooooo! speaking of lies Ssnake, we could lie and say all this was implemented in SB1 but someone forgot to push it to PE. and now we're trying to track down the code (it's somewhere with the_List) since it would take several lifetimes to rewrite. there are no new copies of SB anywhere and any old-timers who still have copies surely will not part with them. for instance, i have the original with the original manual (practically shredded from all the referencing) manual as well as the Gold Ed. still in the box, never installed. someday i'll be homeless but still in possession of these jewels. no one would be the wiser, but the wiser.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like to point out that a better suspension model is quite desirable, don't get me wrong on that. I do think however that there is bigger fish to fry for the foreseeable future. 3D characters give us in general a lot more flexibility in the software expansion with respect to tactical depth ... while a better suspension model would give us just that, a better detail which, aside from an eye candy element, has limited practical benefit (better shooting on the (slow) move while without stabilization). Consequently it isn't at the top of our priority list.

Still, it is on The List.

What is probably irritating many people is the fact that all these arguments have been brought forward several times, yet the demand for bobbing wheels is being brought forward with a certain regularity even though quite obviously the circumstances haven't changed a bit. This creates the impression of obtuseness (if you want to put it negatively) ... or of perseverance, to give it a positive spin. But in any case, I guess we can all say that "we get it" by now, and that a repetition of this old tune isn't even entertaining anymore.

well ill stop teasing everybody with the suspension issue. Why you ask? Because we difintly get it in 2025 in patch 8.986 and by then the software will be severly outdated. So whats the point in bringing it up ever again.

RO has one of the most realistic WWII tank sims on the market, and doesnt have a "hitpoint" system last time I played. But maybe a different RO than what you played.

The ballistic code is okay aside from a few new tweaks, however the after penetration effects are weaker than they should be for some of the Allied vehicles so its a Hit points problem the round causes too little damage after penetration.

http://forums.darkesthourgame.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7380

I supose that 3d infantry will also mean, 3d commanders and gunners visible when unbuttoned right Nils?
Maybe.

I will love that! It will add LOT to realism. Check the way Operation Flashpoint (the original) and ARMA do it and is so nice. Also Steel Fury have that...

• Members

If I told you now, I wouldn't have anything to tell once that the next release date is imminent. It's a basic marketing requirement - one has to tell news, tell them in an entertaining way (or at least one that holds if not increases suspense and anticipation), and one has to be truthful in communications.

If I tell you our plans, and those plans don't survive the clash with reality, I then have to backpaddle and the usual naysayers will scream "Oh noes! But you promised!" and the overall message will be one of disappointment when there actually is progress and improvement.

So, consider this an element of information warfare. ;)

If I told you now, I wouldn't have anything to tell once that the next release date is imminent. It's a basic marketing requirement - one has to tell news, tell them in an entertaining way (or at least one that holds if not increases suspense and anticipation), and one has to be truthful in communications.

If I tell you our plans, and those plans don't survive the clash with reality, I then have to backpaddle and the usual naysayers will scream "Oh noes! But you promised!" and the overall message will be one of disappointment when there actually is progress and improvement.

So, consider this an element of information warfare. ;)

When has that ever stopped you? :)