How to change the skytexture randomly every start

Gottel

Hello,

I am new to steelbeasts and this is my first post here ':oops:', please excuse by bad english.

here is a way to randomly change the skytexture in game. You have to create am cmd-file und copy all your textures to a directory and rename them.

copy this into a txt-file and rename it to *.cmd:

set max=20

set /a wert=%random% %% %max%

copy "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Gottel\Eigene Dateien\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\Start\%wert%.bmp" "C:\Programme\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\textures\sky\SKY_d1.bmp" /y /v

c:\windows\RadRun SBProPEcm.radlnk

explanation:

copy all your skytextures to a directory you like (use correct path in cmd), rename them 0.bmp, 1.bmp, ...

starting with "0". The last number + 1 is used vor "set max".

"set max" : is the numeber of textures + 1.

"set wert" : is the random number in the range of "max" set the line above.

copy : copy the textures from where ever you like to the gamedirectory.

start the program - in this case it is the start of radlinker for ati radeon cards, you can also start "SB Pro PE.lnk"

start the cmd und every time you have another sky. Thanks alot for all the good sky textutes.

that's excellent! Thank you for sharing. Your english was pretty good. I have one question though. Actually a request. Would you please show us exactly what you would type into the text for a certain case? For instance using 10 textures? I am confused as to where to place the values and what the "%" means exactly (does it remain after you place the number of textures in there, for instance.) Also, if you use the directory for "SB Pro PE.lnk" in the last line it will start the cmd file automaticly when PE is started? Again, thank you very much. This is an awesome tip/mod.

i have 19 skytexture, numbered 0.bmp to 18.bmp. in a directory called start in my profile mod/textures directory. the % are only used for skriptlanguage (placeholders to calculate the random number). to start sp from the cmd without radlink use : C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Gottel\Desktop\SB Pro PE.lnk als last line (with your own profile name). starting the "exe didn't work on my pc. my "randomsky.cmd" on desktop looks like this:

set max=20

set /a wert=%random% %% %max%

copy "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Gottel\Eigene Dateien\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\Start\%wert%.bmp" "C:\Programme\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\textures\sky\SKY_d1.bmp" /y /v

c:\windows\RadRun SBProPEcm.radlnk

you have to start the cmd, it will copy an random bmp into the sb directory and than sb pro will start.

by deleting the last line in the cmd it won't start sb pro, when you start the cmd.

i had problems by starting the SBProPEcm.exe from the cmd, but when using the SBProPEcm.lnk, the bmp is copied und the game starts and cmd is closed.

you have to start the cmd, it will copy an random bmp into the sb directory and than sb pro will start.

by deleting the last line in the cmd it won't start sb pro, when you start the cmd.

i had problems by starting the SBProPEcm.exe from the cmd, but when using the SBProPEcm.lnk, the bmp is copied und the game starts and cmd is closed.

Would you guys ever consider making this en executable file that we could download to automatically make the changes?

• 1 year later...