vista

rinch

Just found an old copy of the original Steel Beasts and laded it onto my HP with Vista home version. I had to load the d3rm.dll to get it to start. It now starts to work but there are no graphics inside the sight window.

Will this game work with vista?

rinch, i had same problem, i use windows 7, what i did was i installed xp mode for windows 7 and disabled the hardware integration and it works for me. if u can get a copy of microsoft virtual pc, and xp mode, you could try that, altho i wouldnt spend the moeny on it as it isnt really all that good in xp mode. but then again that could be cause im so used to pro pe that it reg sb just doesnt do it for me anymore. plus, im in process now of going through the downloads section, and searching for all sb scenerios that werent converted to pro pe and the ones that came with the original sb and converting them for sb pro pe.

• Members
rinch, i had same problem, i use windows 7, what i did was i installed xp mode for windows 7 and disabled the hardware integration and it works for me.

That option is available only for the Server, Professional, and Ultimate versions of Windows 7. Users of the Home Premium and Basic versions can't have it.