Worth upgrading from 2.483 just for singleplayer?

Jamesp111

Hi,

I ask as I don't see lots of new 2.5-only scenarios, so are there many scenarios where the new vehicles are used?

I know I can't play multiplayer if I don't upgrade but don't think I ever played online when I did have an up-to-date version.

Otherwise I'll continue working through the 2.4x scenarios and wait for next year's patch (fingers crossed).

Cheers me dears,

James

I don't play on line, single player only for me at the moment, but I'm really liking the new update.

Just because there aren't many new scenarios made 2.546 doesn't mean that you can't make your own or change existing ones, that's what i've been doing.

And I'm having a blast :biggrin: it make things quite different when you change a few vehicles

Your choice, but personally I think you're missing out.

I thought there might have been official scenarios utilising the new vehicles included as part of the patch.

Well, it would be difficult for the community to create scenarios before the update is released, and I'm sure the development team is focued more on getting the update ready then making a few scenarios to go with it.

I would think that the scores of new buildings and objects such as Hesco barriers fences, light poles etc, along with the new unplayable vehicles, would make it worthwhile for someone who limits themselves to single player to pick up the upgrade.

Mog

Ah, I'm weak - I've bought it anyway!

Oh well, $25 for an update to my second-favourite game is ok

(CM:SF is my favourite now all the expansions are out).

I mostly bought it for the additional street furniture and flexibility of vehicles as I've decided to have a go at scenario creation.

Hopefully you'll see the result soon :)