Gentle reminder to UK military members and Civil Servants

CharlieB

Not wanting to be a bore or to get on my soap box, but.....

Recently we have discussed a number of issues relating to the production of a UK mod for this fantastic sim. I raised the concern at the time that various pieces of classified technical data would be available required to produce correct veh characterisitics and would only be passsed to the contracter in the strictist confidence. I have also warned against the use of technical information previously when the pentration of CR2 by RPG was discussed some time last year.

Anyway, use of the internet by serving members is always a topical issue and I thought I would just remind those to whom it may concern, that they would be in breech of UK MOD policy to release, whithout the correct authorisation, any information classified restricted or above. If you are found to do so your chain of command is well within their right to apply charges (military) or prosecute (civilian). I would also ask those who have mates serving not to ask for the info as it will put them in a difficult and vulnerale position.

I am not saying that healthy discussion is not permitted we just need to be aware of what is being released. It is well know that foreign Intellignece agencies will attempt to exploit info from sites such as this if it proves to be from a reliable source.

Din 2007DIN03-006 refers and should be read by those in or working with the UK military.

Classification is there for a reason and I would hate to see someone on here caught out.

Many thanks.

i share your concerns too. It is a major issue with the exchange of info on this site, ill make sure on my part that i wont give anyone info on brit gear and im sure that anyone militaty or civilian would do the same. it would definitly be a breach of law and contract with the MoD and even HM Forces.

Im sure that CharlieB and other British Army members have taken the oath and sworn to secracy about the info on vehicles and such.