Playing the M1A2 SEP on SB PRO PE

bigmo692002

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A1 have CWS, A2 have ICWS, most A1's besides AIM versions (AIM v.1, AIM v.2/SA, SA/ED (AIM v.3?) and new AIM version with stabilized CWS with new sights) and FEP version are not digitzed, A2 and A2SEP are digitzed.

Well in fact the new M1A1AIM's and M1A1FEP have FCS, armor, most components same as M1A2SEP have, the only differences are still lack of CITV, CWS instead of ICWS and lack of VCSU/TMS, also M1A1's have EAPU mounted on the turret rear while M1A2SEP's have UAAPU mounted in place of left rear sponson fuel tank or they don't have UAAPU at all and rely on new battery packs.

Just curious, Why are you so interested in the different abrams models? I noticed that you have been asking around on tanknet too

Well, US armored vehicles are my passion. Besides this, all versions and differences between them are interesting. Of course if something is classified then it is classified.

Ok I have a question.

I know how for example FBCB2 system display is placed in M1A2SEP, someone have some pics how it is placed in M1A1SA (AIM v.2)? I saw some pics from older versions equipped with FBCB2 but it looked like display was just stored somewhere in turret, not mounted in one place.

Of course this doesen't have anything to spying or such silly things. :biggrin:

I haven't seen any information discussed on here yet that cant be found on google or youtube. Maybe people are just curious. There are enough variants of M-1s that its easy to get confused. I doubt anyone on here has any classified information about anything and if they do they sure as hell aren't going to blab it here.

The funny thing is the same guy that tries to impress everyone with his knowledge of the M1 by posting all kinds of factoids is the same guy that questions why someone wants to know more when they ask.

• 9 months later...

Howdy,

I've been away from SB for quite some time. Got into it in 2001 and was seriously engaged with Pro PE when it came out as a multiplier for our tank gunnery in our state. It enabled my crew to become quite proficient outside of the single MCOFT we had and we were within 1 pt. of top gun in 2009.

FYI on the M1A1 HA in the guard. Our state was employing that vehicle during our peacetime mission from 2006~2010. This was without FLIR upgrades or nearly any other MWOs. Not only was the BN in our state using them but so was our sister BN within the BDE. That variant is only now being replaced after our recent trip to Iraq last year.

The entire force, ARMY, is going to M1A1SA and M1A2 SEP V2 Abrams variants. This includes the NG as well as active component. Our BDE is the only National Guard unit to be fielded the SEP V2. They will be on the ground here in a few months and we will begin our NET training. There other guard units who now have the M1A1SA but only received them within a year or so.

Also the M1A2 SEP V2 CWS will have the CROWS II on it, no more M2HB flex! That thing is sweet and now we have much more engagement options with that device. I always felt wierd thinking about rocking the duce outside of the turret but then again I've had my fair share of crappy mounts on M1/M1A1s...

If the SB team needs any updated audio let me know, me and another guy in the guard are documenting plenty of the NET process.

BR.

Edited by Blade_Runner
spelling

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About the SB SEP: It doesn't have the FBCB2/DAGR transceiver next to the doghouse. I'm pretty sure the SEPv1 had this. If not, the v2 (and A1SA) certainly does.

Just a couple changes to the external model, and SB could have the v2 (and latest v2 if you went further and incorporated the CROWS). Would that be an easy addition?