Playing the M1A2 SEP on SB PRO PE

bigmo692002

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I can drum up the desire to do such a mod, can it be done? I am not the only one who wants this. I guess I am the only one brave enough to ask the right people. I am not one to ask for this and then turn around and ask for that because someone did one thing for me. I am pretty content. I served in the army and I was on the SEP tank and it would mean the world to me to have that. I wish I was computer programming savvy so I could do it myself and present it as a gift to the great community of fans and sim owners we have here.

If I can drum up the desire to do such a mod, can it be done? I am not the only one who wants this. I guess I am the only one brave enough to ask the right people. I am not one to ask for this and then turn around and ask for that because someone did one thing for me. I am pretty content. I served in the army and I was on the SEP tank and it would mean the world to me to have that. I wish I was computer programming savvy so I could do it myself and present it as a gift to the great community of fans and sim owners we have here.

Don't worry there's enough M1A2-SEP braves, T72 braves and Challenger 2 braves on that community.

We know, they know, everybody knows, I think we should just wait and see.

In the worst case, in the futur, they will give us the opportunity to do that by ourself under certain checks/conditions.

If I can drum up the desire to do such a mod, can it be done?

Snip

I wish I was computer programming savvy so I could do it myself and present it as a gift to the great community of fans and sim owners we have here.

Nyeit Camrade.

Kernal code is under secure lock and key.

For access see the sacred holders of the_List.

(All Hail the_List!)

However, it will in all probability appear at some point if Nils says it is on the_List, when is open to speculation.

• Moderators
I have a far more modest request: bring the M1A1 up to the SA standard. Not even the Iraqis or National Guard use the previous-millenium model in PE.

It may be true, but I seriously doubt that no National Guard units anywhere use anything less than the SA version of the M1A1 (at their home station, not in Iraq or Afghanistan -- those are in country tanks). Just 8 years ago where were still some NG units using the M1IP - I admit I have been out of the loop for a while. :shocked:

• Moderators

Well, to be clear, I wasn't saying the NG is not fielding M1A1(SA)s, I was saying that it is a stretch to say (at the current time) that the NG is wholly using at least that variant right now. The NG still has M1A1s, be it Ds, HAs, HCs, and probably some M1IPs even still although the latter is probably not very likely, except for some smaller states that may still have tanks. Those links do prove the point, the NG is still using older variants.

• Members

I'm sorry for always being so terribly vague in my wording. But there always is a discrepancy between intent and ability to act. I can't promise anything here because so much always depends on the circumstances. That doesn't mean that our development wanders aimlessly on an erratic course dictated by opportunity. Looking back the past decade, I think that all in all we stayed a pretty clear course.

But I want to avoid repeat performances à la T-72 by creating high expectations that we couldn't fulfill (yet). I rather bombard you with good news in the weeks prior to releasing a new version than to take back in penny packs the bombastic announcements at the begin of a development phase.

• 2 months later...