Map Request Thread

Mogwa

• 2 months later...

with SB PRO (not PE) you can import DTED, Digital Terrain Elevations Data.

Depending of the resolution, DTED0, DTED1 or DTED2; the first is availlable for public, the 2 last are gouvernement rectricted (at least in France)

with SB PRO (not PE) you can import DTED, Digital Terrain Elevations Data.

Depending of the resolution, DTED0, DTED1 or DTED2; the first is availlable for public, the 2 last are gouvernement rectricted (at least in France)

:'( i wanted to build my hometown map but i think that will not be that easy, then

thank you nonetheless

• 3 weeks later...

Dear mapping experts,

I have been rather seldom in this forum in the past but scrolling through all new items of 3.0 (T-64, more LEO 1 variants, Unimog and other) I got tempted to look for an even more "North" German map which I could not find in the available maps.

Then I remembered some map which could be found in the great website on the German Panzergrenadierbrigade 16 hosted by Erazor.

Following the link http://www.panzergrenadierbrigade16....e/auftrag.html you can open a map of the intended operation area of the brigade.

Their opponents would have been the 94. motor rifle division of the GSFG (equipped with T-64) and some motor rifle division of the NVA (likely the 8.) plus 9. tank division in the 2nd echelon as part of the 5. army (NVA).

So Leo 1 (though the Leo 1 A1 employed by PzGrenBrig 16 is not available in SB), Leo 2 (if the scenario wud be in the early 90') Marder, Jaguar, M-113, BTR, BMP, T-64, T-55 and other vehicles of that era could meet and greet.

For more in-depth information in the WP's intentions the following link may be rather interesting for the German speaking or those who know a German who could translate

http://www.isn.ethz.ch/Digital-Libra...g=en&id=134514

The area is really interesting for cold war scenarios as you find a lot of rivers, lakes, forests and any obstacles which offer a lot of scenario possies and a lot of headache for potential attackers from the east.

To cut a long story short, my wish would to have a map with following dimensions (abt 60 x 40 km):

upper left corner near Tremsbüttel 10.24E 53.74N

lower left corner near Wentorf 10.24E 53.54N

upper right corner near Demern / Carlow 11.00E 53.46N

lower right corner near Camin 11.00E 53.74N

I could be really happy if someone would be able to. Time and my skills allowing I would then do some gardening on it.

Many thanks in advance for your considerations...

Dear mapping experts,

I have been rather seldom in this forum in the past but scrolling through all new items of 3.0 (T-64, more LEO 1 variants, Unimog and other) I got tempted to look for an even more "North" German map which I could not find in the available maps.

Then I remembered some map which could be found in the great website on the German Panzergrenadierbrigade 16 hosted by Erazor.

Following the link http://www.panzergrenadierbrigade16....e/auftrag.html you can open a map of the intended operation area of the brigade.

Their opponents would have been the 94. motor rifle division of the GSFG (equipped with T-64) and some motor rifle division of the NVA (likely the 8.) plus 9. tank division in the 2nd echelon as part of the 5. army (NVA).

So Leo 1 (though the Leo 1 A1 employed by PzGrenBrig 16 is not available in SB), Leo 2 (if the scenario wud be in the early 90') Marder, Jaguar, M-113, BTR, BMP, T-64, T-55 and other vehicles of that era could meet and greet.

For more in-depth information in the WP's intentions the following link may be rather interesting for the German speaking or those who know a German who could translate

http://www.isn.ethz.ch/Digital-Libra...g=en&id=134514

The area is really interesting for cold war scenarios as you find a lot of rivers, lakes, forests and any obstacles which offer a lot of scenario possies and a lot of headache for potential attackers from the east.

To cut a long story short, my wish would to have a map with following dimensions (abt 60 x 40 km):

upper left corner near Tremsbüttel 10.24E 53.74N

lower left corner near Wentorf 10.24E 53.54N

upper right corner near Demern / Carlow 11.00E 53.46N

lower right corner near Camin 11.00E 53.74N

I could be really happy if someone would be able to. Time and my skills allowing I would then do some gardening on it.

Many thanks in advance for your considerations...

Looks interesting :)

OK I've thrown the coordinates you gave into Global mapper over my German reference work space. Its a little way north of an area I was looking at.

However the corners won't line up in UTM (which is the system that is used for SB maps). A rectangle covering those points would be possible though. I can turn out a fairly well detailed map of that area quite quickly (from when I started). I can't however start on it immediately. Probably not until the update is out. I'll have to see. If you can wait till then.

56e83ceb8bd0b_NorthGermanMapRequest.jpg.

56e83ceb8bd0b_NorthGermanMapRequest.jpg.

sure, during the cold war it had been expected that Hamburg would have been treated as open city and not defended. So definitely the right choice to leave thousands of buildings out for the sake for performance and less gardening :)

Hamburg would have been nuked. As would Bremerhaven, and 21 other locations in northern Germany alone - in the first three days of the war, according to exercise plans found in East German archives, ca. 1994.

Well that's one way of dealing with the problem of MOUT/FIBUA :eek2: