Map Request Thread

Mogwa

Magnum from SimHq included it in his scenario collection I believe.

The link to this is here

http://www.simhq.net/downloads/armor_combat/steel_beasts/SB_scenerios.zip

But he says he grabbed everything in it from SB.com...try looking for BOB in the download section here.

Edited by sabot_ready

Okey sorry

Its no problem. I can put your map in the list but I need more specific information. Oh and please note that SRTM coverage only goes to 60 degrees north and south. I think ASTER covers more but as previously mentioned the ASTER data is still a bit noisy. I Mention the latitude limit as its reared its head before with Swedish Map requests.

Its no problem. I can put your map in the list but I need more specific information. Oh and please note that SRTM coverage only goes to 60 degrees north and south. I think ASTER covers more but as previously mentioned the ASTER data is still a bit noisy. I Mention the latitude limit as its reared its head before with Swedish Map requests.

Ahh thx, i doesnt know much about the area but can look up in the libary.

What sort of information do you need?

/Thx again Dan m

Ahh thx, i doesnt know much about the area but can look up in the libary.

What sort of information do you need?

/Thx again Dan m

As mentioned in post #4 the South west corner of the required map area (in lat long or google earth marker) and the map size in km.

Alternatively you can give me a lat/ long or Google earth marker for the center of the map and a required size in km.

As mentioned in post #4 the South west corner of the required map area (in lat long or google earth marker) and the map size in km.

Alternatively you can give me a lat/ long or Google earth marker for the center of the map and a required size in km.

I have the cordinates

57 degrees 29'56,47 North 14 degrees 08'56,88 east

That's what i got from google earth. but how do i fix a google earth marker?

Other vise it's just to search on Vaggeryd on goggle earth, only one Vaggeryd in the world it seams. (no harm meanth)

think about 40-50 km

I have the cordinates

57 degrees 29'56,47 North 14 degrees 08'56,88 east

That's what i got from google earth. but how do i fix a google earth marker?

Other vise it's just to search on Vaggeryd on goggle earth, only one Vaggeryd in the world it seams. (no harm meanth)

think about 40-50 km

Is that the center or the SW corner?.

I actually sent Darkangel a PM about this.. but I figured in here may even be better to show just how "dumb" I might sound..lol

Im trying to figure how to make this a map actually..

and this thread may be my best bet.

these are the spots in google earth..

making boiling springs my southwest corner to include I150

and making the north east corner to include overlap above US74

Southwest corner: 35°16'6.58"N , 81°38'8.72"W

north east corner: 35°16'53.73"N , 81°36'36.70"W

is this the start of what you need to make a map? or way to large?

it will probably take me the 2-3 month wait just figuring this stuff out..lol

if you could add this to your queue I would be most appreciative to anyone capable to take this on.

Edited by Fuby

Stormrider and dmagnusson I am attaching some google earth data for maps you are requesting.

Stormrider that is am 80x80km area. This is really as large as you want to go.

The free data I can find for Brazil is pretty sketchy. Basic road network and some limited terrain data. If you know of a source for free vector data in Brazil let me know. Alternatively if you wanted to digitize some data in google earth I can convert and import that too.

If either of you want to send me adjustments to this please feel free.

Fuby, If you know the area in google earth then please attach or send me markers. This is much easier for me.

Map_Area_SantaMaria_rar.35d78ac04f1a2904

Map_Area_Vaggeryd_rar.a38ebfddfdfe24e5ae

Map_Area_SantaMaria.rar

Map_Area_Vaggeryd.rar

I guess I really undersized the possibilities then..:)

new attach .. new southwest marker.. 80km from there would probably cover everything I am looking for... northwest corner touching south mountain.. northeast corner touching lake norman.. south east touching lake wylie. kings mountain contained within map and western approach to area still there from rutherford county..

56e83cb67a189_newsouthwestmarker80km_zip

new southwest marker 80km.zip

How about this (See attachment)

I'd already started some data prep on this area. I can fit 60x60 km on what I have without having to start over. That is based on your 80km corner marker.

I have no idea how to open that gmw file.. but appreciate anything you come up with..

• 3 weeks later...
Stormrider and dmagnusson I am attaching some google earth data for maps you are requesting.

Stormrider that is am 80x80km area. This is really as large as you want to go.

The free data I can find for Brazil is pretty sketchy. Basic road network and some limited terrain data. If you know of a source for free vector data in Brazil let me know. Alternatively if you wanted to digitize some data in google earth I can convert and import that too.

If either of you want to send me adjustments to this please feel free.

Fuby, If you know the area in google earth then please attach or send me markers. This is much easier for me.

Thanks DarkAngel, what kind of data did you mean? Heightmap? Some time ago I could "clean up" aster data using a Denoise software. Is that what you are refering to? Regarding roads data that is a bit more tricky but I'll see what I can find.