How to promote the SB product

Guest HAVOC131

I would like to bring other tankers on this discussion we are having on the DCS website to help with the questions they have. I'm TDY often now and unable to provide timely responses and think its a great way to share what this sim can do. They are a great group of guys and have been very helpful to me when I needed it. Thanks for the help, HAVOC out.

Here is the link:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=72224

Hi Havoc, it seems we have just sacked another two or three new customers over there. :biggrin: What was it about how to promote SBP somebody was asking in here? :lol:

Send in reinforcements, let's widen the bridgehead and take over that place! :D That should teach them for blowing up our beloved tanks!

Posting in a tank forum - and simultaneously in a tank killer forum: promoting tanks. Isn't that - schizophrenic?!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HAVOC131
Hi Havoc, it seems we have just sacked another two or three new customers over there. :biggrin: What was it about how to promote SBP somebody was asking in here? :lol:

Send in reinforcements, let's widen the bridgehead and take over that place! :D That should teach them for blowing up our beloved tanks!

Posting in a tank forum - and simultaneously in a tank killer forum: promoting tanks. Isn't that - schizophrenic?!

That was very funny Skybird! Some of us here are also Hog drivers and I looks like most of the Dev guys from DCS have SB2 but I just thought it would be good to have more long term tank guys helping out with the details. I hope Ssnake is ok with it, I was going to ask but I can't PM him so I just went for it. Although trained for it I'm not perfroming subversion or guerrilla warfare attacks just yet, just trying to bring things to light...

• Members

I'm cool with it, but please don't "spam" their forums - just like we wouldn't want an invasion from some other game here where the new visitors do not participate in our discussions but only tell how great their game is. That's just bad manners.

I'd be tempted to suggest using the Dutch video as a template.

If the Dutch approved, that (the video we saw at the Pro user gp meeting) would be a good demo for the map / tactical level.

Then you’d just need a segment highlighting the FPS bit (sight pictures, etc.).

Guest HAVOC131
I'm cool with it, but please don't "spam" their forums - just like we wouldn't want an invasion from some other game here where the new visitors do not participate in our discussions but only tell how great their game is. That's just bad manners.

No worries there from me and a very good point that I should have mentioned. So... about this Dutch video.....

Cloverleaf recon

At the SB Pro (the military version, not SB Pro PE) User Group meeting, the Dutch had a shortish video with a bunch of soldiers on a hill discussing a tactical problem (map, pointers, etc.).

The video cut between the person explaining how they thought the battle would unfold and the SB universe where the attack was depicted.

The hill they were standing on and the ground around it was replicated in SB so it was a transition back and forth between the real group discussing the problem and the simulated force executing the plan.

IIRC it didn’t show any SB Pro specific features (i.e. things not in Pro PE) and could be used to demonstrate both Pro and Pro PE.

It was shot by Dutch military people and had Dutch soldiers in it so presumably they would need to be approached about releasing it for general use.

I'm cool with it, but please don't "spam" their forums

No worries there... the DCS forums have a specific sub-forum just for other sims...called "Other Sims". I'd think you could spam that forum as much as you like and nobody will get ruffled...it helps that one of the DCS forum moderators is a fan and owner of SB Pro PE.

I've always had a soft spot for armor, even though I'm a helo guy through and through. It's a point of pride that my combat patch from my U.S. Army days is the 2nd Armored Division (from ODS '90-'91).

I think it was the posts from Skybird and the online "Brave Rifles" campaign videos that finally pushed me over the top. I'm impatiently waiting for my copy to arrive so I can see if I'm as bad at tank simming as I am at flight simming!

Hi Alpha, You Too. :) Must say it was Skybirds Vid thread that got my intrest peaked as well. While I admit I may have held off a little before I make my commitment here, Thanks to the kind offers from this community, It means I can see if Armour Sims are for me. All going well, I should know the answer by Next week. Seems strange being such a dedicated follower of the Hog, That I am finding quite an attraction to being the Armour. I just glad the the Hog will still be on our side in here :)

As to promoting Steel beasts, while word of mouth and the Vids, have gotten our intrest, I think that offreing Guest license's for around $20 or so for a few weeks trial, May help Promote it more. I know that the community are more than genious as Ive found with helping others discover Steel Beasts and try it.

The fact there would be a way to trail it on the home page may attract more. While I may have been cheeky by posting this idea on a few forums, Not everyone would do that, They may just look at the price and go without having a proper look round.

Just an idea.

Cowboy10uk

• Administrators

It's a good idea, but administering the licenses and dates would be a pain. Easier to just offer it up for free when someone asks!

Hi Alpha, You Too. :) Must say it was Skybirds Vid thread that got my intrest peaked as well. While I admit I may have held off a little before I make my commitment here, Thanks to the kind offers from this community, It means I can see if Armour Sims are for me. All going well, I should know the answer by Next week. Seems strange being such a dedicated follower of the Hog, That I am finding quite an attraction to being the Armour. I just glad the the Hog will still be on our side in here :)

As to promoting Steel beasts, while word of mouth and the Vids, have gotten our intrest, I think that offreing Guest license's for around $20 or so for a few weeks trial, May help Promote it more. I know that the community are more than genious as Ive found with helping others discover Steel Beasts and try it.

The fact there would be a way to trail it on the home page may attract more. While I may have been cheeky by posting this idea on a few forums, Not everyone would do that, They may just look at the price and go without having a proper look round.

Just an idea.

Cowboy10uk

Guest HAVOC131
I and several others offered over on simhq already. I haven't heard anything so hes probably lined something up.

Yep he sure did... By the way, you guys rock! Thank you for helping out.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=72224&page=9

"Wow, the level of help here is fantastic, I really appreciate the offer GGTharos, I have never looked into a sim where the users are so passionant to get new users in that the offer access to their own pcs and their own time to show us how great this sim is. I have also been offered a guest license on simhq by Newman Which I have accepted. Please don't think I'm being rude by not taking you up on your offer GG, But it is only because I've already got an offer before I came back on here.

I can't Thank You, Skybird, Newman and Havoc enough for your genious offers to get me into the sim.

Cowboy10uk."__________________

Hi guys, Thanks for all the offers, as Havoc has pointed out, I have had an offer which I will be using at 15.00 tomorrow. Thanks Newman. As I said over at DCS, the passon for this sim is just stunning. I've been floating around the sim world for quite a few yrs now, yet I have never come across a group so willing to give up their time and licenses to attract others into their world. For that I can't thank you enough, hopefully all goes well tomorrow and I don't die too many times.

:)

Cowboy10uk