SB IN TEN YEARS

Marko

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has it really been ten years!!!! Man time has flown. I know I'm not the most active member of the community, (understatement) but I'm a shift worker and my times don't match up too well with most.

I LOVE Steel Beasts! It always has a place of honor on my hard drives. When I transitioned to SSD's, even with their limited space, it received a place of 'honor' on the treasured SSD drive! (Love the fast loading times)

I have the original and Pro PE. That $125 was one of the best 'gaming' investments I made these past couple years. I feel I've gotten more than my money's worth. Keep it up eSim!

As for what I would like to see? More functionality for the infantry in general. (ex-11M here)

and...

Fully operational and usable OPFOR vehicles..ie T-72, 80 and BMP 1,2 and 3.

Beyond that Hello again all. I haven't forgotten about you. I check in from time to time. I don't always log in, but I do and I'm always 'playing'!

Gunner sabot PC, One, Two-Hundred!!!

Lancer VI

Visualise infantry IN BUILDINGS. Make it 1 year?

Remember Ghost Recon game 2001.

:thumbup:

Agree with this. Seeing enemy troops at the windows would add immersion, especially in urban missions. At the moment bullets rain down and you have no visual indication of their source. Seeing troops (albeit fleetingly) through the thermals would be superb.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, If we are talking that way about AI.

I want REAL AI!

In a way that I don't have to script the single unit but to give the AI the ORBAT and type a general oder. Then the AI will come up with a decent plan and adopt it from minute to minute as the situation changes :-)

If the SB AI is able to manage that in the sim perfectly we can hand over our real life defenses to it...ah, hang on, might not be that good 8-)

terminator_2.jpg.cd33343e4554d503196f8d8

terminator_2.jpg.cd33343e4554d503196f8d8

• Members

There's nothing wrong to formulate pipe dreams here. I mean, really: this thread is titled "Steel Beasts in ten years", so it's a free-for-all for about everything (including bobbing roadwheels).

We do not feel pressed to implement anything of these suggestions immediately. We're relaxed here, you can be too. But thanks anyway for your concern about our well-being. 8-)