Comming upgrade thread

oscar19681

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like the United States is one of the last major western powers to hold out on Women in front line combat positions on land. In the air and on the sea we have em. Going to need some female crew voices. If there are Women tankers in the real world that does not translate to Women tankers in the Sb community. I have only seen one in 10 years.

• Members
Looks like the United States is one of the last major western powers to hold out on Women in front line combat positions on land. In the air and on the sea we have em. Going to need some female crew voices. If there are Women tankers in the real world that does not translate to Women tankers in the Sb community. I have only seen one in 10 years.

I love how you say "major western powers" after reading about Sweden, Norway, Finland and Canada ;)

No list of major western powers is complete without Austria - AEIOU

I don't think that entirely true. In Afgs'tan I saw on many CLIPS (Combat log resupply ptls) females in charge. It certainly was the front line there as it's a 360 war zone, and they were getting hit by IED/sm arms fire. So , yes the USA has some females in combat, in the Armoured units? I have not seen any....yet.:cul:

Spain also use women as tank crews.

BTW I suspect the crewable T-72 will not be included in this new upgrade right?

:mad2: Nope

Would be nice if there was some way of having trigerable audio files as I would quite like to add some radio traffic via wave files instead of sqwark text at bottom of screen

You know if condition y applies play wav file x

Of course it would increase the size of mission downloads but I could stand that

Would be nice if there was some way of having trigerable audio files as I would quite like to add some radio traffic via wave files instead of sqwark text at bottom of screen

You know if condition y applies play wav file x

Of course it would increase the size of mission downloads but I could stand that

This is already implemented as "Radio" sound messages in SB:

Condition:

Under Fire and in a world of hurt.

Play:

This is *Callsign*, we lost another tank, permission to retreat.

However you can "Mod" the three "static" squarks.

Mods Folder, use the forum search function.

static = standard in-mission radio message.

static2 = inter platoon comms, (Engine countdown)

static3 = Mission scripted/player text messages.

I think he means playing custom sound files at a scripted time/event, like a FRAG-O or something along those lines. Yes, that would be interesting to have indeed.

Yes that's more what I was thinking along the lines of and it would be nice to be able to have a the option for ambient audio effects that kind of thing.

Thunder storms on rainy days that sort of ambience would be nice.

It might help to make it a little more Human to have proper comms from Hq rather than the rather dry text message's we currently have and that rapidly scroll up off the screen in the heat of battle

stick it on the list it can fester and die there :biggrin: