Comming upgrade thread

oscar19681

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Infantry is a case where better looks actually correlates with more functionality.

The eye candy thing however can start sounding just like a rote answer over and over without considering that- it poisons the well already, it presumes that's the only purpose.

You can see fire and smoke from over a mile away- you can orient yourself on that, you could could be alerted to where the fighting is at. Even if you had no direct line of sight, smoke could rise above the treeline or other things for all to see. As such, this doesn't happen so much, and because of the limitation of computer montitors, sometimes it can be easy to miss a scene that would be almost right in front of you.

• Members
Hold the shift and laser key, move the blinking red star on the target, release the laser key.
But it doesn't seem to do anything - no marker in the F5 map, no trace in the AAR...

The marker will appear on the map with medium and low realism if you just tagged a piece of terrain. If you did hit an (enemy) unit however, that vehicle will show up on the map (tag the other platoon members, and the icon will aggregate to platoon level).

You are right however that this doesn't show up in the AAR, and maybe it should.

• Members
Here's hoping that some of those pages are dedicated to CITV system....heheh.

Huh?

Why would we devote manual space to a specific piece of equipment?

If we wanted to describe every weapon system in SB Pro to the full extent of its implementation, we'd need hundreds of pages or more. We could not possibly maintain such a convolute.

One last thing, how much will the new manual be?

I know of no plans to change the price. But I can't rule out that we may need to raise it a bit.

Some sort of particle system would need to implemented before we could see any worthwhile improvements in weather, explosions, smoke, etc.

So that would mean not the comming upgrade , not the upgrade after that but the upgrade that comes after the other 2 we might get some weather effects?

Hi all

I wonder will we ever see upgraded vehicles. in any future upgrade.

Such as upgraded versions of the BMP. T55.ect.i think such additions would add

A whole new aspect to the sim.let face it if you are in command of a leo2 or M1a1

and your up against a T55/T62 you have got a major advantage.but if the T55 was equipped with some of the many upgrades offered you mite get more then you bargained for.

PS. Just wondering why the T72M4 was added in the last major upgrade.

Its a great tank.but why.the M4 and not the T90 for example.

As far as i know only one country uses the M4.wheres the T90 has sold to many country's

And would make a much more likely future adversary for western MBT in the future.

Edited by Marko

PS. Just wondering why the T72M4 was added in the last major upgrade.

Its a great tank.but why.the M4 and not the T90 for example.

As far as i know only one country uses the M4.wheres the T90 has sold to many country's

And would make a much more likely future adversary for western MBT in the future.

Well this is only a guess, but I'd say because its easier to take an existing vehicle that you have known data for and adjust, than it is to start from scratch with a new vehicle that you may or may not have data for.

A whore new aspect to the sim.let face it if you are in command of a leo2 or M1a1

and your up against a T55/T62 you have got a major advantage.but if the T55 was equipped with some of the many upgrades offered you mite get more then you bargained for.

We're getting a whore in the upgrade, that should make things interesting in the combat zone.

Some sort of particle system would need to implemented before we could see any worthwhile improvements in weather, explosions, smoke, etc.

Improvments in weather? Right now we dont have any weather at all (exept snow on the ground) and the cold weather scenarios dont model in temprature at all.. But what i,m wondering lately is why the militairy customers havent requested weather for SBP in the first place. I mean lets face it , do you know of any militairy simulater that doesnt simulate weather? And it is quite important to train in any number of weather condistions.

I mean lets face it , do you know of any militairy simulater that doesnt simulate weather?

Yes, our T-72M1 simulator had no weather.

And it is quite important to train in any number of weather condistions.

Simulators are for gunnery procedures, crew/plt comms and stuff like that. If you want to train in various weather conditions, go outside ;).